SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fiveinall_gw

visitation advice please!

fiveinall
15 years ago

I haven't posted in a while but some of you may remember my story. We have not heard from BM except for one phone call to complain about child support enforcement getting ready to take her drivers license for failure to pay support in over 6 months. SD has not had a visit, a phone call or anything during this 6 mo period. BM just dropped off the face of the earth and stopped paying her child support. Any how we just got a message that says she wants to take SD for the weekend of June 15th. Fathers Day weekend. Pretty much as if nothing has happened and she hasn't been absent for the last 6 months. Apparently that is the only weekend she can get off work for. So I feel like we are stuck between a rock and a hard place. We really want to say no because it is Fathers Day and we already have plans for the whole family for that day. On the other hand it has been 6 mos since she has seen her and if we say no to this weekend how many more months will SD have to wait to see her again? Then will it be our fault that BM hasn't seen her? I just don't know what to do.. any thoughts?

Comments (31)