SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flynnnj

Help in NJ soapstone installation or jet mist honed

flynnnj
11 years ago

How important is it to choose someone who specializes in soapstone? There is a local granite/marble fabricator who has a wonderful reputation and I found a soapstone slab that I liked. The veining had so much energy and just made the counter come to life.

I've seen some great internet information from M. Teixeira and Garden State Soapstone. Online everything looks and sounds great. Has anyone used either of these fabricators? Were you happy with the results? Did you have any problems?

Using a local person would make it a lot easier for me to drive over after work to see the template. Garden State & MTeixeira are so much farther.

I also love the look of the swirls in the jet mist honed and jet mist antique granite but I'm concerned about oil stains. I've been getting conflicting answers about sealing and oil. Two places said "don't worry" and another said, "even sealed you'll have marks and rings from your olive oil bottle."

I'm spending a lot more than I anticipated (surprise!) so I want to do all I can to be pleased with the end result. I really need to decide by the weekend and welcome your advice.

Comments (4)