SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sieryn

Activities, acitivities, activities

sieryn
15 years ago

This is more of a rant than anything...I rarely talk to BM on the phone, however last night I was obviously not thinking and picked it up (usually DH or the boys will answer when she calls but they were all out at my SS's baseball practice). So she asks if they are home I say no they will call you when they get back from practice..then she starts grilling me on the activities the boys do. My older SS is in football,baseball, boyscouts and choir. He had mentioned earlier in the year about taking up band as well but wasn't entirely sure if he wanted to. I had looked into it and all the school rentals of the instrument he wanted were taken so I would have to go through a music shop to get it (at a price we really couldn't afford for something he wasn't sure he wanted to do). Anyway so BM starts yelling at me saying 'well why didn't YOU just PAY IT so he could play?'

I'm glad I kept my cool - even though I wanted to tell her where she could stick that trumpet. I just calmly said 'we could not afford any more activities then the boys are currently in' and politely excused myself from the phone. I just don't get it! She doesn't pay a dime in child support but will call and yell at me for not funding things for her children? Talk about self centered! DH and I talked it over and agree'd that at their ages they should not be in more than 1 seasonal and 2 full time activities anyway due to the time/monetary commitments. What do you think as far as extracurricular for primary school aged children?

Comments (7)