SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
firstjois

My Memory is Trash

firstjois
18 years ago

My memory is not only trash but just about impossible to turn into treasure and it drives me crazy to k-n-o-w that I've heard or read about (whatever it is) a short while ago but just can't find it now. Happen to you, too?

I used to try and resolve this by adding the posts or articles to "Favorites" (- a section on most Windows operated machines) but shortly the "Favorites" section became a swamp of files and urls that no longer existed and I quit that. Later on I tried making shortcuts to all the ideas I found interesting but even after I moved all the shortcuts into a single folder it became a mess.

Now - I feel I have the final answer - I have begun to use the Notepad (another gift from Windows) Notepad shows up on the bar at the bottom of my screen all the time. When I see something interesting I highlight, and copy it, then open Notepad, and then paste it. It only copies words and doesn't take up much space as a typical file. The secret (if there is one) is to name the file so I can find it again.

Notepad saves to "My Documents" and is (I think) the only file that ends in .txt so I can look in "My Documents" and click on the file type and just looks at the .txt files and find (yes, find!) what I think I might have saved a good percent of the time.

I'm a newbie to Trash to Treasures (and the Garden Web) and thought the thread titles here creative and fun to read all by themselves. Nice forum!

Jois

Comments (6)

Sponsored