SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
the13th

Help me choose the right sectional

the13th
9 years ago

Hi everyone from a long time lurker first time poster.

I'm looking for a sofa for my living room, which also servers as my theater room and lounging room and whatever else have you.

Room is about 5x6 meters (thats about 16x20 ft) and I wanna put a corner sectional which will see daily use for watching TV, entertaining guests, etc.

The walls are a very light cream (slight off-white) and I have an olive green accent wall on one wall (right of the sectional - there will be some shelving on that wall and I'm thinking 2 armchairs and a coffee table). There's also a bordeaux wall on which the TV will go in front of the sectional (you can see it in the corner of the pics).

The floors are solid oak, and the furniture in the room will be a darker brown essence, probably also oak. Also, and I'm going to get an area rug to go with the couch and whatever else furniture I'll end up with.

I think I've settled on two models, out of which I'd rather have the leather one (cuz I think it looks cool) and the GF would like the microfiber one as she feels it's more comfy.

If we go her way, I like the green color, as pictured, if we go my way then I'm stuck between cream, beige and brown.

So, advice? What would you do if you were in my place?

More precisely, since I'm 90% decided to go with the leather couch (afterall, this is my place and the GF has hers), which one would you choose? I think I would like the lighter colors, but I'm afraid it will get dirty soon with daily use... I especially am scared of indigo tint from jeans.

What's your experience with these?

I'll attach pics of the room, the "GF couch" (this one has the corner on the left and it needs to be on the right but you get the idea), the leather couch in Cream, as well as pictures of the swatches in Beige and Brown. The pics don't do the colors justice, but both the Beige and Cream are very light, one is slightly buttery and one slighty grey-ish. The brown isn't too dark either, and has sort of like lighter spots in places which I think might give it an interesting look. Also, this is leather dyed in depth. Price wise, the leather is 4x the microfiber and TBH it's quite pricey, but I'm partially looking at it as an investment, as I figure it will easily outlast the microfiber and if needed I can re-upholster it.

Oh and if you haven't figured it out by now, I'm trying to go for a modern look with a mix of classic wood and finishes... Hard to explain but I have it all in my brain; the couch needs to be modern tho :)

Thanks everyone for chipping in.

Comments (9)