SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rdas_gw

How did you decide between Pure White and Creamy White Cabinets

rdas
14 years ago

I have seen SO many beautiful pictures of pure white and creamy white cabinets and am curious how you picked which way to go?

Long story, but our builder kinda forced us into a decision without giving us all the facts -- we found and now have the option of multiple shades of white. The look we are kinda going for is that Christopher Peacock look (on a beer budget). This is what we know so far:

Our kitchen will have

* 9' ceilings

* The cabinets are shaker style with the bead in either pure white or creamy white

* The cabinets will go to the ceiling. They will have 4-5" of crown molding to get them there -- we cannot afford the stacked cabinets -- so they will be TALL cabinets - not separated

* black/Grey Soapstone counters

* Stainless Steel Appliances and Hood

* warm wood floors -- not ebony, but dark

Our kitchen measures 14 X 17 -- the long wide area will have a centered hood

Lastly, we will have an island -- which I planned on doing the same color/counter as the cabinets.

So here is the question-- how did you choose between pure white and creamy white? Is one easier to maintain (I have 3 boys under the age of 5 and one husband), is one more timeless, is one easier to decorate around -- or did you just like the one you chose?

Your thoughts are helpful as I have been stewing over the same issue for a week now!

Thanks!

Comments (17)