here's another use for wood spool

ess1

this was very easy and fast to do, fits in great at the lake cabin! Just red paint half , paint the other half white and attached a painted blue board to the back top!

SaveComment4Like
Comments (4)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sue102

Cute! Great idea!
Sue

Save    
shear_mchsi_com

HELP? This is JUST WHAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING TO DO (custom folk art designs on wood spool/round boards, for decorating house and garden)... Where does one FIND wood spools/round boards this SIZE (22" diameter or WIDER)???
I'm at wit's end... nothing on Ebay (15" diameter seems to be the max for 'craft' round boards) , Google searches turn up MANUFACTURERS for utility companies (so are well beyond my price range)... I'm looking for the discarded ones to 'recycle'... ANY IDEAS??
Thanks...
Shea

Save    
fuddyduddy

Shea, find a local electrician, and ask him to save them for ya. I have about 6 of various sizes, we are rural, that might make a difference, but if nothing else ask the electric company. I am sure you could have several, they just lay around getting old around here!
Aside from that, no suggestions.

Save    
DixieRedHead

Lowes has round wood disks in many sizes. If you are in to paying for them.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Traditional Style Celebrating a Classic: Spool-Turned Furniture
See how a timeless woodworking style from the 19th century blends beautifully with just about any décor
Full Story
Most Popular Choosing New Cabinets? Here’s What to Know Before You Shop
Get the scoop on kitchen and bathroom cabinet materials and construction methods to understand your options
Full Story
Pets Here’s How to Show Your Pet Even More Love
February 20 is Love Your Pet Day. Find all the ideas and inspiration you need to celebrate right here
Full Story
We’re a Northern Virginia construction and remodeling company that specializes in unique and functional design,... Read More
Craftsman Construction is a luxury custom home builder and remodeler. Our company focuses on luxury residential... Read More