SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rednellie

Have we Ever Pushed you off a Cliff? How Far Did You Fall?

redbazel
14 years ago

Peer Pressure.

Message board posting gone bananas....that's what I'm talking about. I myself have come THIS CLOSE to doing something that several of my Garden-Web friends have urged me to do.....that would be great for someone, but not quite right for Red. And of course, I've used GWebbers suggestions for paint, fabric, and tile, that came out beautifully. But I was just thinking about this today and wanted to ask you....

Have you ever posted a question about a room or chair or paint shade and had several give you advice...advice that you followed and never dared say you didn't really like it?

Have you ever put on your driving gloves and hat and run right out to buy the very same thing you saw used here, and found that it was so wrong for your house?

Have you ever asked for help and then got so much help that you ended up spending a small fortune?

Have you ever wondered why Garden-webbers seem to have so much more influence on your decorating choices and style, than your friends and family? (Whoa! Wait--is that just me, or does it happen to you too?)

Are you sitting right now, looking at something that you still feel unhappy about, but all of us liked it, so you got it?

Do you have something amazing in your home; a paint color on your wall--a chair--bedding--flooring, cabinets--furniture--art---that you would have NEVER THOUGHT OF if not for some of us?

Red

Now......for me........I painted my kitchen red because of someone on a Decorating board. I painted my entry Dry Sage because of a GWebber. I bought mohair velvet off ebay because of a recommendation here. And my kitchen? My kitchen Came To Be because of the Kitchens forum. Never in my wildest imaginings would I have considered spending over $300 on a faucet, if not for seeing what's out there thanks to you guys. All these are good choices for me.

I don't think I have any G-web misses..........mostly because I know what I don't like, even when I don't have a clue what to do. But you guys are a Powerful Influence, that's for doggone sure!

Comments (28)