SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Final attempt at farmhouse plan...lots of pics :)

lavender_lass
13 years ago

Thank you for taking a final look at my kitchen, dining, keeping room plan. The dining area has a big window seat, with bookcases on both sides and a hutch, opposite the entry.

The actual living room is on the other side of the entry, but the keeping room area is just a nice place to sit and visit, without the TV. The woodstove is nice ambience and a good back up for heat and cooking, if the power goes out. We have a big, beautiful fireplace in the living room.

The pantry and laundry is behind the kitchen, with access to a half bath. The mudroom is for my husband's storage...for tools and fencing for the horses. Much easier to have this in the house, than digging through a storage shed, especially in the winter!

The seating off the mud room is the back deck :)

{{gwi:1596105}}

Here are a few inspiration pictures, which you may already have seen.

{{gwi:1518828}}

{{gwi:617005}}

{{!gwi}}

Here is the actual woodstove I'm planning to use, along with the settee and chairs...with much nicer legs. The fabric will be french country style, with yellow, blue, white, green, with a little lavender and pink or red.

{{gwi:1518817}}

{{gwi:1518818}}

{{gwi:1518819}}

Finally, here's the 'before and after' of the farmhouse. This is what it looks like now...and I'm hoping it will look more like this, after a lot of imagination, work and money! LOL

{{gwi:1416709}}

{{gwi:1518830}}

There are two bedrooms and a bath planned for the upstairs and a 'man cave' with fireplace and small bar in the basement...the rest of the lower level is cellar/storage/furnace, etc.

Thanks for taking the time to look! As always, I value your input and appreciate your suggestions :)

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!