SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_63513

Dissatisfied? Show Us Your Worst Nightmare...

User
13 years ago

Missy (Prairie-Girl) gave me this idea for a thread, and I want to post it before I forget it....

She was liking the feeling of her house being all cleaned out and not cluttered, but she also observed that it felt cozy and warmer before. I know that clutter is a popular boogabear worrying a lot of people these days, especially our smaller homes friends.

What about your house makes you feel dissatisfied with it?

What is your worst nightmare?

My worst nightmare was the BACK BEDROOM.

I wanted more closet space. Our 2 br house had a minimum of storage, and the garage had NO ROOF AT ALL, so everything had to be stored inside. This is what the bedroom looked like:

We added a bumpout for a walkin closet, but have not finished the painting and the flooring, nor installing the wire shelving. Hopefully we can do this before Christmas.

Then there is the DERELICT GARAGE. Talk about a major problem, this is my worst nightmare. However, I'm hoping it will be a real Cinderella story. I am a dreamer and a romantic, but I see POTENTIAL in this.

It looks a little better these days, but still has no roof and the walls and cement floor are badly cracked. This is what it looked like when I left it in October:

and inside:

which is enough to make a strong man turn pale. But I have hopes that this building will be the answer to all our hopes and dreams for our little cottage.

So.....what say ye? Any nightmares bothering you?

Comments (16)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor