SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marymarymaryk

We just downsized!

marymarymaryk
11 years ago

Hi everyone! I've been having fun reading all the threads on this forum.

We just closed this weekend on our smaller home and I'm so excited! Originally, we had a 4 bdrm, 3 ba 2700 sq ft house with a pool, an atrium, three decks, and loads of huge windows. We were drawn to it by those unique features, but they are also what made us eventually decide to move. Way too much work, not to mention major $$$ for upkeep and utilities. My power/gas in the winter was $500/mo. We just felt like we would never get ahead financially while we were in that house.

So, anyway, we decided to downsize. We sold our old house, spent the next month living with the in-laws, and finally closed on our new house two days ago. It is everything our old house wasn't - single story ranch, 3 bdrm, flat, grassy yard, no complicated "extra" features. We are in LOVE! My two kids were a little hesitant at first (especially my daughter, whose room is now smaller), but they already are happy with the new house.

Anyhow, I just wanted to pop in and say hi and hopefully get some fun ideas from all of you!

Comments (21)