SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovetoshop_gw

How to post a picture in your actual post??

lovetoshop
16 years ago

I have read the directions on how to provide a link to pics in photobucket or similar, but how do you post the pics in your actual post so they are visiable when someone reads the thread?

Thanks!

Comments (66)

• teacats
    16 years ago

This is JUST a test -- this is only a test ......

[IMG]http://i16.tinypic.com/54cev55.jpg[/IMG]

My front door from a test on TinyPic

• teacats
    16 years ago

drat ---- sorry about that!

I really must learn to do this .... so if you can just bear with my lack of "techie-ness"

Sigh ....

http://i16.tinypic.com/54cev55.jpg

Here we go!

• Related Discussions

Spring Fever - post your pictures!

Q

Comments (19)
    All those lovely summertime shots make me want to get out seed packets and shuffle them, making plans. We don't get snow -- unless you count the dab of sleet we had last week. It helps to pot up bulbs to bloom inside like hyacinths and amaryllis. A freeze took out open Camellia blooms last week but tight buds opened quickly as it warmed. This this pic is from yesterday; today we have rain and the amaryllis and I are bundled up inside again.
    ...See More

How do you put pictures in your posts?

Q

Comments (11)
    I can't figure out what you did wrong! I looked at the source code and it looks right, unless you just pasted the URL for the picture wrong? Yep, looks like that's the problem. This is the URL you used: photos.gardenweb.com/garden/galleries/2007/08/clematis_ruutel.jpeg This is the URL cnetter used: http://photos.ivillage.com/images/photos/resize/gardenweb_Garden%20Galleries_1186006541455_225223D.jpg I don't think you did anything wrong; there's just something wacky about the gardenweb upload feature. I use imageshack for all my uploads. It's free and you don't have to register if you don't want to, and I've never had any problems with it.
    ...See More

Quick and Easy - How to post pictures in your message

Q

Comments (1)
    THANK YOUUUUUUU! I'd forgotten how :)
    ...See More

How to get pictures into a post, with pictures of our 2 cats

Q

Comments (4)
    Thanks for those great photo imbedding instructions, Bi. I went ahead and posted Odessas pic on the thread about adopted pets of 2007. That is a beautiful story you tell about Siphon and Rosie.
    ...See More
  • mclarke
    16 years ago

Almost there, teacats!!!

You just forgot to surround your http command with the image source code.

Put in your code like this:

EXCEPT, I put in one extra space between the "Try it!

• jen9
    16 years ago

yes - it is a photo from photobucket. I just opened the photobucket account - is there something else I need to do there? I swear I am following the instructions, but all that shows up is that little red box. Thoughts anyone??

• teacats
    16 years ago

Once again -- into the breach ......

• teacats
    16 years ago

Me too! Me too!

What the devil am I doing WRONG???? My photo is in photobucket!! I clicked "share" but still can't seem to make the blasted right move!!!!

• mclarke
    16 years ago

Teacats, is this the photo you are trying to post?

See below photo for the command I used to get it into the post....

This is the command I used...

EXCEPT that in THIS command in the line directly above, I have inserted a space between the "If I were to take out this space, the system would read this as an image command and would produce the actual photo in my post.

Try copying and pasting the command I typed... put it in a post of your own... TAKE OUT THE EXTRA SPACE... and your photo will appear.

• teacats
    16 years ago

Trying again!!! and I now have a single photo in tinypic and photobucket -- LOL! Can you tell that I'm desperate!

Bless you mclarke -- and I'll keep trying!

GOT IT!!!!! I kept forgetting to take OUT the IMG (and those funny brackets) on both ends of the command line -- not sure how to re-size ..... on tinypics but still trying on photobucket too

• happygram
    16 years ago

{{!gwi}}

Can anyone see this?
    I posted some pictures on a different thread; I could see them but no one else could. Some miracle person "fixed" something, and then they showed up. My pictures are in the Kodak gallery and there doesn't seem to be any place to click a single picture to be public.

Thanks so much

• teacats
    16 years ago

{{!gwi}}

I DID IT -- on photobucket!!!!

I think I clicked on the One-Click address to be able to switch it over and THEN clicked on Select All (its a box under the addresses .......)

• teacats
    16 years ago

{{!gwi}}

Here's another photo -- re-sized but I'm not quite sure how I did it --- but I DID!!!

((many hugs and chocolate going out to everyone who posted instructions and especially to mclarke!!))

This is my pub bench that I bought at a garage sale this spring and then painted a distressed black satin.

• chris61
    16 years ago

Go to tinypic.com Upload your pic, it converts it to html. Click on "Copy" beside "HTML for Websites" rather than "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards". Then simply paste it into the body of your message.

• mclarke
    16 years ago

YAAAAY, teacats!!!!!

And now we can all see your adorable Rosemary Cottage!!! Stunning bench!

Happygram, it looks like your photo is in kodakgallery. Can you transfer it to photobucket?

• squirrelheaven
    16 years ago

TeaCats, that's your house?! I love it. Excellent work :)

• mclarke
    16 years ago

Almost, Jen9.

"http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z80/jen9_photo/"; is not a complete url for a photo. It should end with "jpg."

Then all you have to do is delete the extra space between the "

• happygram
    16 years ago

MClarke:

How do I transfer something to Photobucket?

The reason I went to Kodak is because Yahoo no longer will be hosting pictures and my albums needed to be transferred.

I don't know how to make the pictures in Kodak "public".

Thanks so much.

• jen9
    16 years ago
  • mclarke
    16 years ago

Hey Jen9 --

Go to the photobucket and sign up --

Then click on the link for "Uploading" --

And follow the directions from there.

Here's photobucket:

Here is a link that might be useful: photobucket

• jen9
    16 years ago

• annzgw
    16 years ago

happygram,
    There may be an easier way, but when I need to copy pics from one site to another I open the image, right click on it, select 'Save Image As', and then save it to my Desktop. You can relocate anywhere on your computer but I find it easy to keep a folder on my desktop just for pics.

Then upload to photobucket, or wherever.

• annzgw
    16 years ago

I forgot to mention........if you're using photobucket you don't have to use, or remember, any codes. Just copy the 'HTML Tag' under each photo and paste it within your text.

• susanlynn2012
    16 years ago

annz, then maybe that is a reason for me to start to use photobucket for this site. Thanks!

• mclarke
    16 years ago

YAAAAAAY Jen! We can see your photo!!!!!

Yep, copying the HTML tag from photobucket will work also.

When you do this, you will be copying in the --

-- command, and you don't have to add anything or type anything, or remember the --

-- command.

• patricianat
    16 years ago

• love-my-lilhome
    16 years ago

I went to Tinypic and uploaded pics of my comp room .
    I even managed to figure out how to save them in favorites.
    It didn't take me but 2hrs and 15 min to do 4 pics.
    Now I couldn't figure how to paste because :
    #1 When I have the GW up and try to bring up the Tinypic site....GW is gone.
    I have never copyed or pasted soooooo I guess I will just never do it. I'm crying uncle.
    My pics are there but I'm here.

I have never felt so computer dumb.

• patricianat
    16 years ago

You did everything right except you need to embrace your post with . Open and close with these symbols, no spaces, just

and I added a space in the areas where I told you not to so mine would not be wonky on the post, so do exactly what I did except omit the space after

• twg7590
    16 years ago

I am trying to figure out how to do this too. Master bedroom makeover:

• thankurnmo
    16 years ago

twg that is a gorgeous room!

• thankurnmo
    16 years ago

testing here...{{!gwi}}

(dont yell if it doesnt work)

• love-my-lilhome
    16 years ago

I am going to try this one time.
    This is a test.

• love-my-lilhome
    16 years ago

I'm just going to slink off into the tantrum room.
    I typed my link in and it didn't show up..period.

• love-my-lilhome
    16 years ago

• love-my-lilhome
    16 years ago

I know I know. Its huge but I'm jumping up and down on that stripe sofa and swinging from the ceiling fan!!!!
    I have been trying this for a while like 40 days and 40 nights lol

How do I make pis smaller?

• love-my-lilhome
    16 years ago

DH bought shelves from Lowes and put up so I could get favorite books out of boxes.

These pictures are of my computer room which was suppose to be a walk in closet . I love it. Its my get away.
    Its probably 9x11

• posie4u
    16 years ago

I am testing to see if I can get this to work.

• posie4u
    16 years ago

It worked! I am copying the instructions into a Word document. I am thrilled to finally learn how to do this. Thanks to you all for bringing up the topic and to those of you who responded. Yiipppeeeee!

• abbycat9990
    16 years ago

My test

{{!gwi}}
    I'm using Flickr, and the photo is not showing up in preview. ANy tips for Flickr users?

• abbycat9990
    16 years ago

On Flickr, you open your photo, click on "all sizes" button above the photo, choose size and scroll down to see the url in the second box. Paste that after the and, voila!

• love-my-lilhome
    16 years ago

abby, posie, jen, teacats,indygo,elizabeth,twg and anyone else I am forgetting.

I am having the best laugh because we are so happy we have finally conquered this pic posting thing.
    I am as excited over this as I was when I got my new bathroom.

Doesn't take much to make us happy does it? lol
    Thanks to all of you great ladies who walked us through it

• ljhuey
    16 years ago

trying it out......

Woo hooooooo I think it worked!

• thankurnmo
    16 years ago

one more
    try?
    {{!gwi}}

• lucy111
    16 years ago

OK, I too am going to give this a try. First the easy way. See my window here:

• lucy111
    16 years ago

Here we go with the website/email size:

• oceanna
    16 years ago

Wow there are sure some adorable rooms here, and the cottage is just darling! That little black and white striped couch room is just charming.

Elizabeth, would you pretty please post a good head-on shot of that mirror above the fireplace? I'd love to see it.

I'm so thrilled you all are learning to post pics. My thought about pics is "more, more, more!"

• Sujafr
    16 years ago

Wow---so neat to have these directions. Now I'll have to try. These are just model home pics--not great quality, but had to learn this while such great teachers are here. And LOVE all the pictures...gorgeous BR twg and adore teacats bench and the black striped sofa of lilhome....and on and on! Here goes..

• redbazel
    16 years ago

Good job all of you. It is really cool to be able to do this for the first time. My son wrote out the line of code and taped it to my computer monitor. That's how I finally got it, by being able to read it right in front of me everytime I wanted to insert a photo.

Note for any who are testing their skills.......when you type out your message and insert your photo, the photo WILL show up when you hit "preview message" before submitting. So, if there is no photo on the preview page, there won't be one on the real deal.

Red

• Sujafr
    16 years ago

Here goes one more try of a model home...not mine.{{!gwi}}

• Sujafr
    16 years ago

And thanks to Red for your comment about seeing it in the preview window. I wondered about that since I was seeing
    nothing there, but seeing something in my message window. I think I had to adjust my account options about sharing to get mine to work.

Thanks to all of you for the great instructions! I had no
    idea I was so computer challenged until this. (Hanging head in shame, but gloating over new accomplishment...)

• oceanna
    16 years ago

Your bedroom is just lovely! That's an awesome bed frame.