SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ontariomom

What do you think of this island hood?

10 years ago

Hi all,

We have gathered quite a few quotes on custom island hoods, and are thinking the $5000.00 cost of one from Modern-aire and the like is more than we want to spend. I prefer the look of a powder coated painted one to steel. The one below is steel, but it seems we can get it powder coated a colour locally (we do have to sand down the finish first). My questions are the following:

1)Does the fan linked below, look like it will work well and reasonably quietly for a 30 inch induction cook top? Has anyone ordered a hood from this British Columbia, Canada company?

2)Do you agree that we will have success getting the fan powder coated locally? The powder coat paint supplier is right in our small town (Tiger Drylec) and is willing to supply small quantity of paint to the powder coat painter.

3)Are we best to stick with white (our perimeter cabinets are off white, and the island is to be a dark brown stain). The counters are a quartz (Bianco Drift, Ceasarstone) which has cream, grey and white colours.. I was initially thinking of a grey blue colour hood so the fan would be a feature, but am not sure if white might be better.

Thanks in advance!

Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: island hood

Comments (8)