SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nataliechantal

Everyone hates my layout... Please help me fix it!

NatalieChantal
12 years ago

All right folks. I have asked some questions about my kitchen remodel and every time, people want to move around my layout. I live in a log home and my front door leads straight into my current kitchen, which I hate. So are gutting the space and turning it into a mudroom/laundryroom entry, and it has a nice sized pantry which I love. The kitchen is going straight back into the back of the DR.

I thought my plans were okay, and we love the openness of the entry and kitchen. I especially love the dividing counter with overhang that I drew in. But in asking for feedback all the suggestions involve changing my layout,, which is rather discouraging because I spent months on it, but I am trying to face the fact that my layout may very well just stink and be in serious need of remedial help :(. Waaahh... I will be brave.... And ask you... yes, go ahead and pick my plans apart, but please help me put it back together!

Pictures linked below, but first the non-negotiables:

1) this is a log home, so NO structural changes, i.e. no changes to walls, doors, or windows. Also no adding more walls! What we have is what we work with.

2) no "floating" upper cabinets, they can go along walls but not hang from ceiling.

3) Range MUST go in island where I have it situated in my layout. That is key to the remodel.

Please take a look and let me know how you would handle the space within these limitations! Yes, I know it would be easier or better if DH and I could budge on some of our limitations, but that is exactly the dilemma... How to work within those stipulations, because we are both very stubborn about some things and that is our must-have (or not have!) list. Please, pretty please, with sugar on top, can you help me out and show me better ways to organize the space, or if you do like what I have, where would you house your countertop appliances and other kitchen necessaries?

Thank you so so much for putting up with my posts and difficult remodel!

Here is a link that might be useful: Current layout plans and pictures

Comments (28)