SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paintingfool_gw

Snowey ornie

paintingfool
13 years ago

I am always looking for things to paint on. I have a white tree that is done in pink so I have painted a lot of ornies with pink roses and pink dressed Santas and Snowmen. This ornie was found at Hobby Lobby - less than $2 - but it was plain and just had a very fine snow inside. I painted a simple rose to go with the other ornies on the white tree. I painted this with Gloss enamels and I had to undercoat first or else the paint is too thin and the glass shows through.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (6)

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

That is a truly beautiful ornament. Your rose is so soft and pretty.

Happy Holidays!

Marylee

• pezabelle
    13 years ago

So beautiful! I can only guess by the cross stitching in the background how small this orney must be but how clear but soft and subtle your strokes.

Will be a great additiont to your tree.

Belle
    PS Nice to see you again, figured you are probably busy with the Christmas painting rush.

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Bell, I have been busy, first with an art show where I sold a lot of ornies, now I am decorating for our Christmas Party next week. There is so much to do but I do what I can and if I don't get it all decorated I don't worry about it. There is always next year. If I could just get the kids to take some of the decorations!! The ornie is about 4.5" long.

Marylee, thanks so much. If you have checked out the other posts you know I like to paint roses and Santas. There are so many things I really want to paint but time doesn't stand still long enough for me to get it all done.

Back later,
    B

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Very pretty ornie, Bebe. We miss you being on here chatting with us. As long as you are busy and having fun, I guess we can share you with all those other activities! LOL

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We're down in the 60's here in so. Calif., cool and crisp but still sunny. How are you doing there in Fla., I know you hate for it to be cold! ;o)

Luvs

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Luvs, I thought I would freeze to death this morning. Our temps have been in the 70's during the day and 50's at night. But last night it dropped to 34 degrees with a windchill of 25 degrees - dang, that is cold!! I didn't have the heat on and was a bit chilly when I got up. My hubby wasn't here to complain so I cranked up the heater and the fireplace. It is better now, so funny because yesterday I had to turn on the air conditioner.

I have been busy and now I have to decorate for the holidays. I still have eight more ornies to paint and a couple of special orders. I don't think I am going to put out as much stuff as I usually do, doubt that I will have time. As long as there is a tree and food, the ladies will be happy.

Check back later.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Another beautiful rose ornie. How on earth did you write your name on it so perfect? I would love to see your tree if you have time to post a picture. Sounds like you have so many painted ornies for it.

It has warmed up to the thirties here and I'm loving that. We have been close to zero for quite awhile. We also just got 8 more inches of snow the last couple of days. Hard to imagine using air one day and heat the next.lol

Punk

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville