SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angies66

Asymmetrical window placement, low ceiling, small room. Need help

angies66
9 years ago

My room is 13' 5" x 13' 10" and the ceiling is only 7' 9". The west wall has two windows not centered on wall. Previously, I had wallpaper up and hubby made me a bed crown out of deep crown molding that ran the length of the bed. I had beautiful lace hung over plain drapes all around the bed crown. With the blackout shade over window, you couldn't even tell there was a window behind it. Then I had matching lace panels over the other three windows in the room. I grew tired of all that and now want a more modern look. I removed all the wallpaper and glue this past weekend (I love wallpaper but hate removing it so I'm never doing it again) and took down the bed crown. Now I'm ready to redecorate.
I'm stumped on how to deal with the asymmetric windows. I would like to do an iron canopy bed so I can hang curtains along the back of headboard to hide the window. Do you think ceilings are too low for a canopy bed? I would have to remove the ceiling fan to have a full canopy. I could put a wall mounted fan up but I'm not sure then what to about an overhead fixture. Any and all ideas are appreciated. Any thoughts on a half canopy or are they too outdated?
I'm going to try to post pics with this so you can have a visual.

This post was edited by angie_m on Mon, Jul 28, 14 at 22:26

Comments (13)