SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bulin

Backsplash finished - sneak peak at almost done kitchen

bulin
11 years ago

We have been working on our kitchen for too long to mention, and this site has been an invaluable resource. I have posted a few questions but mostly used questions from others to guide my decision making. Thank you to everyone! We are almost to the finish line. We have to continue the new paint color throughout the open connected spaces (dining room and family room, trim out a few pieces (window sill trim and around posts on large island) but are mostly done.

We just finished the backsplash last weekend. What a relief to have finally made that decision and completed it. Thankfully we also love it! :) My only dilema on the backsplash are the switch plates, currently white but considering antique pewter to match hardware - thoughts??

We reused our perimeter cabinets (replaced some doors/drawer fronts and added teh wall oven pantry). Crystal Cabinets Aurora, Frosty White

New Island cabinets - Wood Harbor in quartersawn oak

Island Granite - Delicatus

Perimeter Granite - Kodiak Brown suede

Antique Pewter hadware

Backsplash - Sonoma Stellar in Creamy Crackel with some decor pieces, also stellar creamy crackel, Sausalito and Ventana

Tile floor Sansome Italy porcelain

Knobs/Pulls/Bin Pulls - all Top Knob

We have a knife drawer, drawers for cooking utensils and drawer for baking utensils. Spice drawers, oil shelfs in doors. We have drawers for tableware, pull out trash and recycle bins. Extra storage in large island behind barstools for seasonal items. Verticle shelving in two spaces, one for cutting boards the other larger above MW for cake pans/cookie sheets. We love how organized everything is!

Looking in from adjoing family room.

Window box. glass cabinets currently hold dishes that will go in dining room hutch - (being painted) will be replaced with creamware.

Close Up of backsplash (Sonoma Stellar in Creamy Crackle)

Microwave/Advantium oven in pantry wall

TV is on wall across from larger Island and open entry that leads to back entry and mudroom/laundry room

Comments (21)