SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
young_gardener54

galley with no uppers? photo help needed

9 years ago

Hi, everyone!

I've spent waaaay too much time over the last number of years reading your posts and following the progress of your kitchens.

We are now about to begin our second kitchen reno (moved before #1 was complete!), and I've decided that this time, I'm calling in the "big guns" for help. :)

Maybe it's the move, maybe it's the pregnancy, maybe it's knowing that this is my "last chance" to build a kitchen for a long time, maybe it's the rush of getting it done before we can move in....maybe it's just having looked at far too many beautiful kitchens...BUT...regardless of the cause, I'm struggling to commit to things this time.

We have a layout set up, and now I'm second guessing myself about every little thing.

My husband and I have long loved kitchens without uppers, so that's the direction we are heading. (I've mapped out where everything will go, and it's going to be fine.) However, this is a galley kitchen (with no option for changing that), and I'm just not finding inspiration pictures to keep me on track. Which makes me wonder....will we like that look in a galley setting as well as other places we've seen it? Will the balance feel right? Those types of things...

SO.

Can you help me find some samples of similar situations? We've been tossing around a couple of different ideas for the backsplash on the range wall, and I feel like I need to see some things before I can say, "Ok, GO!" Meanwhile, the clock is ticking big time!

(Our plan has the sink on one side, with a looong stretch of windows above it and the range on the opposite side. We are only going to do a hood on that wall, though there will be a tall pantry cabinet tucked on one end of the run. I should post the plan for feedback, but that's another thread...)

Comments (31)