SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
iruehl_gw

White Or Black Grout!?!?!?!

IRuehl
11 years ago

The kitchen is so close to done! I cannot believe it! We tiled the back splash over the weekend, and finished filling in the top row, and all them tiny cuts this morning. Just need to grout, and lay the composite trim Then it is just flooring! I will be posting really soon on how to, as well as some more pictures

As for the grout, I am more than conflicted on what to do! Do I go with a white, that will show grime and stains over time, needing �deep� cleaning once a year. But is a classic choice for most people, providing a seamless look. At the same time, from a distance, it just looks like the wall is done in a white gloss paint.

Or do I go with a less conventional choice and use a dark grout with my white tiles? I have really fallen in love with the idea of dark. I love the way they look now with the deep crevices, from a distance, looking like black grout lines. But I am scared it will look obnoxious. Not like it was just old tile from the 30ish time feel. Unlike the picture bellow, our tiles are very close. We even skipped the spacers, to get smaller grout lines.

Please look at my pictures on my blog and help me pick before this weekend!!!

http://wp.me/p1MmG7-k4

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures on my blog post!

Comments (16)