SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

Lamp for teen bedroom & how to attach the shade?

Valerie Noronha
12 years ago

I was at Target today looking at lamp's for DD's bedroom makeover. I'd like to get a crystal/glass ball lamp with a black drum shade. Here is the bedding and WTs we selected:

Just the dotted duvet and zebra sheets:

Just the valance which I'm thinking of pairing with some white voile panels.

Walls will be painted BM Bahaman Sea Blue.

I'm a bit confused about the size of the lamp, though. Most of the lamps in the teen/dorm section seemed to be quite small. I'm wondering if they are meant for desks or nightstands? DD does like to sit on her bed to read and do homework so I'm wondering if a larger lamp would be better--at the same time her room is TINY so don't want to overpower things.

Please don't mind the mess. Which do you think works better? Also, do you think the B&W striped shade works or is too busy with the bedspread and WTs? Try to imagine the wall w/o all the pictures tacked up. I could not find a black in the smaller size, but this one was on clearance. JCP also sells a crystal lamp, but it's with a white shade. It could also work, but I worry it'll get dirty since DD is not that neat (hence the dark bedding as well).

Lamp 1:

Lamp 2:

Lamp 3: http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=1580cde&Nao=0amp;N=4294959029&Ne=4+877+878+5+961+6+29+3+598+11+15+12+506+10+23+585+596+1031+8+18+904+903+840+969+949+833&Ntt=crystal%2c+lamp&SearchString=crystal%2c+lamp&shopperType=G&SO=0amp;PSO=0amp;CmCatId=searchresults

Lastly, I cannot figure out how to attach the shade to the lampbase. The shade does not look like the style to use a harp, but there doesn't seem a way to screw it on either. Am I missing something?

lampbase:

lampshade:

Comments (10)

Sponsored
DryHome Roofing & Siding, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars82 Reviews
Loudon Co. Roofing, Siding & Exterior Remodeler Best of Houzz 5 times!