SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bebebzzz

3 Years Later... Pic Heavy!

bebebzzz
14 years ago

Hey all,

My kitchen is 90% finished, but I can't wait for the last 10% - I'm posting photos now! We started demo 3 years ago, ran into some financial difficulties, and were unable to finish until now. I lived with plywood floors, no sheetrock on the walls - just studs & insulation, wires and light bulbs hanging down, no sink except for the utility sink in the laundry room, all contents of my former kitchen cabinets spread out in the dining room, and I became an expert in cooking with a grill, microwave, toaster oven, and electric skillet. Finally, after far toooooooo long, I have a BEAUTIFUL kitchen that I absolutely LOVE. There is only one thing I wish were different - I wish we'd had room for a double oven. Maybe in my next life...

I tried to resize all of the photos, but for some reason, photobucket would not allow me to shrink a couple. Sorry!

Some of the pictures show the cabinets too yellow, and some too white. They're actually in between.

The hole in the brick chimney is for a woodstove, soon to be installed.

Trusses were built and installed by my husband - his company builds timber frame barns.

There will be a table in front of the banquette seating - hopefully sooner than later.

BANQUETTE

TRUSS

SITTING AREA

PANTRY

COOKTOP & SINK

SINK

MICROWAVE

ENTRY

Cabinets: Plato in Sunlight

Counter & sink: Soapstone from Green Mountain

Floors: variable width Quarter Sawn Oak with a 50/50 mix of Minwax English Chestnut & Red Mahogany stain

Faucet: Rohl

Hardware: ORB - cheap from HD

Walls: Morrel from BM

Trim & woodwork: BM colormatched to cabinets

Backsplash: to be determined

Ceiling in sitting area: tin in a copper finish

Hope you enjoy...

Bebe

Comments (34)