SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trailrunnerbiker

post a pic ..part ll..a slice of your life...

trailrunner
10 years ago

The fun continues. If you haven't played with us please do join in. A pic a day...anything you like...your nails after a trip to the salon....your favorite pet...or plant...or person...whatever makes you smile or cry...whatever moves you to share with your friends here on GW Decorating Forum. We have all come to know each other a bit better as we share a "slice of our lives". c

Comments (152)

• Ilene Perl
    10 years ago

baylorbear congratulations!! My daughters are 29, happy to say they are good friends, and good sisters to each other. I miss the days when they were little.

• CLBlakey
    10 years ago

91 in the rain we'd be lucky to get a day over 86-- Are those killer turkeys? (((Chicagoans))) Stained glass puppy had me distracted I had to look for the chipmunk. No Grands here.....getting a bit jealous ............some day my kids will have significant others............. dreaming of tickle trunks.

so I found another project (even though my friend brought down the chandy for me) Fun with sharpies and alcohol. Now to figure out what to do with it.

• Related Discussions

Slice Of Life part ??

Q

Comments (103)
    Ilene, Buddy looks like Queen of the Nile. So cute! pattycakes, your trips sound wonderful. I would love to go to NYC. finallyhome, there is always something going on in one's life, and what seems ordinary to one is interesting to someone else. Here's the puppy. And in the last picture is the jealous cat. They have been out at the same time, but it's easier if one is loose and the other one contained. Buddy the cat has been in a foul mood for days and now he just walks around growling when the puppy is outside when he is out. The puppy just bops around like the cat isn't there, unless she gets too close to the cat and the hissing starts. If anyone is in the Dallas area, and wants a sweet dog, let me know. The vet thinks she is a catahoula/labrador mix. She seems pretty smart too. I bought a collar to take her to the vet Friday and she balked at the end of the leash. I've been working with her (in the backyard) and she leads now and comes when called, at least most of the time.
    ...See More

Part 6...Slice of Life

Q

Comments (150)
    awm03 - yup its the camera the flash still goes off when I open the shutter for longer periods. I tried 3 different settings and the flash won't shut off so it ruins the pic. I will have to get a new card for my Sony and try again next year. Trail- We were at Young's Point Provincial Park in Alberta. So far it is my favorite place to camp near here nice and quiet and lots of trails to walk on. (or run LOL)
    ...See More

Part 7...Slice of Life

Q

Comments (150)
    CatMom, I am considering it. I didn't get my hands on her yesterday to put the collar on. So funny, my DH hasn't seen her yet! For some reason she disappears whenever he is around. She loved all the teenaged boys who were here Friday night, some of whom are big, so hopefully she isn't afraid of men. In the meantime, some fleas showed up on my dog Oscar. Of course DH is blaming the stray...I'm going to try to dust her with a little Diatomaceous earth. Until I know she doesn't have a family I wouldn't feel comfortable using Frontline or anything more aggressive. I included a photo of His Highness, depressed about his flea bath. Beth P.
    ...See More

Part 9. Slice of Life.

Q

Comments (83)
    Awm03, good for your DH getting out and doing his walks! Badgergal and city, those girls are so cute. They grow up fast. My oldest DGD will be 14 this Sat! Kswl, I meant to write earlier but I forgot where I saw your post. The Nellie R Stevens hollies will get pretty big. I'm sure you know that, right? Or is Nellie B a smaller variety? It will be beautiful with the camellias and yews. And it's exciting to start fresh with new landscaping.
    ...See More
  • DLM2000-GW
    10 years ago

baylorbear that's the best pic of all! Lots of great shots here today.

Here's mine that I just posted on facebook also.

There's good news and there's bad news (of course). The good news is with all the rain I haven't had to water at all other than planters a few times. The bad news is, I have weeds on steroids.

• bestyears
    10 years ago

Baylorbear, first babies? Not fair to post that when so many of us are nearing the 'empty nest'.... Many, many congrats. Your life is about to blow wide open....

Here's my picture today.... I walk dogs every Wed. at our local animal shelter. This is Daisy, who WENT HOME TODAY with a lovely family of three precious blond girls, mom and dad... Daisy is one of the lucky ones....

This post was edited by bestyears on Wed, Jul 10, 13 at 19:16

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

Trail...now I really am hanging my head in shame....you only got in PART of your swim workout before it rained....AFTER biking 25 miles and working out at the gym for an hour?!!! I walked to the ladies room and back three times today at work.....

• finallyhome
    10 years ago

Pulled into Walmart after work, looked down and found this in a bank envelope in the parking lot. I went in and gave the clerk my name and phone number (not the $$) in case someone came looking for it. About an hour later got a call from a man who was able to tell me exactly how much was in the envelope, the name of the bank and the last four digits of the account # on the bank slip.
    I go back to Walmart and he is this very elderly man on a walker that gets around in a cab. Since his balance on the receipt of only $177, the loss of the $240 would have probably been devastating. Sometimes it feels good doing good.

• blfenton
    10 years ago

kellienoelle: when I'm reincarnated I want to come back as a cat owned by my eldest son.

finallyhome; I think your name says it all for the elderly man and his money.. He must have been thrilled.

bestyears Your name as well. Congrats to Daisy and her forever new family. The bestyears for all are now beginning. What a sweet looking dog.

• mustangs81
    10 years ago

FABULOUS Finallyhome! Yours is the feel good post of the day.

Here are my grands with Pa. Lily caught the first fish and if you look at the expression on Beau's face, you can tell he isn't happy because he is the fisherMAN in the family.

• chicagoans
    10 years ago

Way to go finallyhome! I had a crummy evening with bills and paperwork, and it makes me feel so good to know that an elderly man is counting his blessings that someone kind and honest found his money. Thanks for being that kind of person!

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

Way to go finallyhome......

Lili and her fish......awwww!

Love all the posts and pics!

• mdrive
    10 years ago

i love this thread...

finally home....that was such a wonderful thing you did...my eyes tearing up at the thought of the elderly gentleman misplacing his cash...i can only imagine how grateful he was ...just so fantastic to see when people do the right thing...

along these lines, i have a similar story, only i was the 'recipient' of the honesty and kindness of a stranger and also a walmart story....

incredibly, i left my handbag in the cart (don't ask i was totally distracted and didn't follow my usual 'routine' when emptying my cart which usually involves taking my purse and placing on the floor of the passenger side)

did not realize what had happened until i was home, nearly 20 minutes later...frantically i called walmart and the manager hadn't seen nor heard anything, but would 'check' and call...i was so distraught at losing the contents of my bag including pictures, license, credit cards, the usual stuff, not to mention it was my favorite handbag..

didn't hear from the manager in over 10 minutes so i started calling my bank, CC companies etc getting the replacement process started...

called the police and they said i would need to fill out a report..

but before leaving decided to call one more time, this time asked for the 'service desk'

lo, and behold somebody had retrieved my handbag and left it inside with the service desk....

i was soooo happy, so relieved, and felt such a huge wave of gratitude to an unknown person who did the right thing...

we hear so much bad news all of the time and at last for me, at times become jaded and cynical...

yet i know that the good people outnumber the bad, and know for certain that everyone reading here would have done as you did, finallyhome.....it makes me feel so happy to see this though...reminding me of my own situation...bless you!!!

(sorry for the long post but just had to respond to finallythere and share a similar story!)

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    10 years ago

This is a pic of a storm cell that moved across the ridge in front of our house this evening. I think today is about the umpteenth (well, maybe 15th) straight day of rain in our area.

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    10 years ago

And after all the wind and rain that it produced, we had a brief rainbow and this gorgeous sunset:

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

Thank you , Trail ... they look like great recipes.

• mrsmortarmixer
    10 years ago

Twins, cute kids, returned money, and beautiful skies. I really like looking through these every day.

I didn't take any pictures today, but I'll post a recent one of my kiddos. Paint and mud and all things messy. We had been busy painting bluebird boxes while dh was digging posts to extend the chicken run. I think they filled them back in faster than he could dig.

• Delilah66
    10 years ago

mmm- Those are 3 sweet faces!

• CLBlakey
    10 years ago

Those 3 little kiddens lost their ..........................LOL

Good Morning all. This is what I woke up to on my computor screen today. 26 years.

• ellendi
    10 years ago

((((chicagoans)))))

• ellendi
    10 years ago

((((chicagoans)))))

• Boopadaboo
    10 years ago

Love the pics and reading about what everyone is doing and eating. :)

My juices for the day. Made them this morning before I came to work.

• trailrunner
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Running what a great story!! I am so glad it turned out so well. Love the turkey pic,chipmunk,more precious babies,fishing with grandpa! Projcts to be completed. More hugs,to you Chicagoans,I hope today finds things better for you. Mamagoose great pics...after the storms the sun comes out...Happy Anniversary Blakey!!!!!
    No pic from me ,our internet died yesterday after our new neighbors moved in and had soe work done...dont know how to post,puc from my cell:). Will sit back and just watch this wonderful progression of stories told by my GW friends.c

• CLBlakey
    10 years ago

Boop you need a red one then you can have stop light juice.

• dody40
    10 years ago

This Mom on her 91st birthday yesterday with two of her daughters, (I have the gray hair and black shirt) our hubbies and 3 of her granddaughters.

Grandma named her 7 daughters after flowers. My Mom is Pansy, then there is Violet, Blossom, Rose, Daisy, Fern and Carnata, named after the Carnation. The two boys are named after trees. Oliver, after the Olive Tree and Lynden.

There are only 2 left, Mom and her brother Oliver.

Dody

• Delilah66
    10 years ago

Looking for buried waste at an old landfill. Like a treasure hunt. Good news is defined by having NO trash in the top 24 inches. So this one was not such good news.

• sundownr
    10 years ago

I took this picture a couple of weeks ago in Kenya and am posting because of the thread awhile back where lazygardens posted pics of her serval pet. We watched this one hunting for probably half an hour. It was a great sighting.

• juleecat
    10 years ago

Well, here is MY cat-not quite as energetic as yours, sundowner! ;). After 21days of rain/storms, the winds finally blew away the heat and humidity last night...and the windows are wide open so we can enjoy the birds and water and fresh air! Poor juleecat is 19yrs young and deaf as a doorknob, but she is a happy camper!
    Such heartwarming stories.....keep posting!

• PRO
    Diane Smith at Walter E. Smithe Furniture
    10 years ago

So love this thread and learning more about you all. The pics are all wonderful.

Here is a pic of a slice of my life from yesterday. Dh and I have been playing Scrabble since we met 35 years ago. We have been known to trash talk each other ahead of a game ('you wouldn't know how to spell quoit if your life depended on it' or 'you know dear, spelling is essential to effective communication' lol!)

Anyway here is the score from last night (along with our nosy pet, Moo). I lost. Had 'unration' been a word I would have scored 59 points on my last turn and won the game. Drat! Foiled by my husbands challenge again!

The old Scrabble board in the pic has a little note written by my dh during one of our first games. He wrote "hello young lovers where ever you are" and I remember thinking at the time (I was 19, he was 24) where we would be years from now. And here we are.

• shear_stupidity
    10 years ago

What a sweet story, deedee!

• KMBC
    10 years ago

Welcome to my new home!

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

Here were my two girls earlier this afternoon:

(It's exhausting looking as cute as they do every day!)

• CLBlakey
    10 years ago

Cat mom you and Lanaroma have opposite kitties black and orange but on opposite sides of the bed. I had to go back and look LOL

Deedee - I think we have only played scrabble once since we were married what a great thing to share together.

Juleecat is doing what she is supposed to do in retirement. Eat Sleep and be Merry.

• fourkids4us
    10 years ago

I'm late to the game but have been taking pictures all week and am only now downloading them. So mine is "a week in the life of..." Hope you don't mind several photos!

First up, Sunday afternoon, musical performance set to Grease at our neighborhood pool. This is just one of the songs but there were about 40 kids that participated.

Monday - My youngest making some fresh squeezed lemonade for a lemonade stand outside.

Tuesday- dinner: grilled tuna with macadamia nuts and avocado

Wednesday-dropping my oldest off at her last year of camp. She's the shorter one in pink. Second picture, while waiting for her brother at soccer practice, my youngest crashed out in the backseat after a long day at the pool.

And today-first picture, what's left of the pan of brownies I made earlier today to take to Hershey this weekend for my son's lacrosse tournament.

And the culprit-my lab, Maverick.

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

Not as uplifting as photos that the rest of you are posting, but a slice of life nevertheless. This happened last night next door.

• CLBlakey
    10 years ago

So what happened to the mail box? Looks like a bomb went off.

• natesgram
    10 years ago

Today continues with fun stories and great pics. So fun.

Matching pillows for granddaughter and her dolly.

• joyce_6333
    10 years ago

How can any of us beat the ultrasound of the twins! Congrats! I have twin grandsons..lots of fun times ahead for you.

Now that we are old and retired, we vacation...a lot! One of my favorite memories was seeing "David" in Florence. But thought I'd best not post the picture. He was magnificent!

Here is a pic from last week. Having lunch on the cruise ship. The water was so blue.

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

A car hit the mailbox. Probably a drunk driver, although he didn't look drunk when he peeled around the corner where I was standing. I heard the squealing tires and knew someone lost control on the curve just beyond that house, and then the crash, and then he gunned the engine and blasted past me.

• jrzgurl
    10 years ago

Making it a point to enjoy the sunsets

• Tmnca
    10 years ago

deedee99 since you play a lot of scrabble with your husband, you might enjoy this:= (link below)

Here is a link that might be useful: The Big Snit (video)

• CLBlakey
    10 years ago

Marti8a good thing you did not get hit.

I love water pics especially ones that have lovely warm weather..............I think summer went missing this year....................it is supposed to be 10 tomorrow and 11 the next day I need to see that warm sunset.

So does dolly and grand have matching outfits too?

Maverick suits his name

One that refuses to abide by the dictates of or resists adherence to a group; a dissenter. LOL group rules state you should share your dessert.

• mitchdesj
    10 years ago

From Boca I came to Montreal downtown, finalizing details and shopping for DD's wedding less than a month, this is my view from my hotel room, it's nice to see some sky even if you're straight downtown.

thanks for these threads, it's heartwarming to see what everyone is up to.

• awm03
    10 years ago

A morning visitor. Mary_lu, I keep looking at your fabulous daylily picture. What variety is it? What a luscious color.

• roarah
    10 years ago

Today is the first day since we brought our new kittens, Thomas and samantha, home that I have been able to open the windows in the house. They are loving it! They both seem to think my girl' toys are theirs too :). Here they are enjoying a cooler day today!

• jillinnj
    10 years ago

Great pictures. fun thread!

LanaRoma - nice pic, but why are the 2 clocks on either side of the bed almost 20 minutes apart? :-)

BaylorBear - congratulations! I love twins, when they are someone else's :-)

Mitchdesj - congrats on the upcoming wedding. My DD was just married 2 weeks ago. It was so much fun. Enjoy every minute!

I have no pictures to post today, but here is where I wish I was (taken on DD's honeymoon):

• baylorbear
    10 years ago

I just wanted to say thank you again for the sweet, sweet comments! We have two boys (2.5 and 6) and I never thought that we would make the jump from 2 to 4 children all at once, but we are looking forward to it!

I hope that the picture thread continues! It's been so much fun to see what everyone shares!

awm03: That is an amazing picture!

jillinnj: I wish I was there too! I told DH that we need to go on vacation somewhere now, because we're probably never going on vacation again after the babies arrive! ;-)

• DLM2000-GW
    10 years ago

Missing Mom, but I do like the twinkling candle reminder every year. I find the moments of remembrance over the 24 hours that it burns are more purposeful than my day to day passing thoughts of her.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

All the pictures and stories are marvelous! Motherof3sons, I love love love the picture of your grandson and his great-grandfather.

Here is mine for today-DH just picked up his birthday gift (original poster from 1971 Earth Day) which was finally framed. He was with EPA and worked on the Clean Water Act which was passed the next year.

This post was edited by cyn427 on Fri, Jul 12, 13 at 11:43

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

Cute kittens roarah!!! It's been too hot here the past few weeks, but our cats love to lie in open windows on nice days, too. Something they never outgrow!

I LOVE seeing everyone's pics!

• sas95
    10 years ago

Our kitties are enjoying a somewhat cooler day napping together on a blanket. They almost never sleep as bookends. They prefer smashing together.

• PRO
    Diane Smith at Walter E. Smithe Furniture
    10 years ago

Looking forward to more slices of life today. Too many to comment on but simply love this!

Tinan, I laughed so hard I had to redo my mascara. We are such Scrabble dorks I even gasped when he look at her tiles. For shame! Funniest thing I've seen in a long time and will share with dh. Thank you! (And thanks shear stupidity and Cl Blakey!)

dlm2000, so sorry about your mom.