SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

welcome sueny!!!!!

Calamity_J
17 years ago

WOW!!! Your pattern web page is sooo interesting! I just wanted to welcome you and I KNOW I will be enjoying your input and hopefully see some pics!!! Gosh! I feel very honored that you are here with us!!! I'm a fly by the seat of your pants glasser who has a total passion for stained glass (I hourd it, just like holding it all up, looking at it!) I do more mosaics now, mostly with dishes and tiles, but want to start using stained glass in mosaics. I like gardening too! Jane

Comments (6)

• sueny
    17 years ago

Thank you for the welcome. It's good to be back. I contributed to this forum several years ago, but somehow got sidetracked along the way.

I too have a total passion for glass. I do mostly lead and copper foil work, but have done a few mosaics, some fusing and I have a set-up for making beads.

I love to teach, and my favorite part of teaching is seeing the smiles that the completed first projects always bring. And, I love to get other people hooked on glass!

I don't work on glass as much as I once did...my focus is mainly on my web site right now. I have so much more information that I want to get out there. It's just a matter of getting pictures taken and the content written, then putting it all together.

I'm a grandmother, heading towards great grandmotherhood, and I baby sit 2 toddlers 5 days a week, so I do keep busy.

As time permits, I can hopefully be a more constant participant to this forum.

Cheers,
    Sue aka Sueny which stands for Sue in New York State

Here is a link that might be useful: Free Patterns For Stained Glass

• ladyronnie
    17 years ago

Hi Sue in NY :) I just printed the passion flower pattern from your site. I have a little table I just might try this on in a sg mosaic...
    Where are you in NY? My husband is from there, two of my sons were born there. We lived about 30 miles east of Buffalo. Now we are in northern Arkansas.

• sueny
    17 years ago

Hi ladyronnie,

Arkansas...mmm, that sounds nice and warm and snow free. Lucky you!

I'm 30 miles north of Syracuse in the area that has had national news lately about all of the snow. Matter-of-fact, if you miss the snow I'd be more than happy to send you some!

I spent 10 years in Buffalo all through junior high, senior high and nurses training. It has certainly changed over the years. We go there to buy stained glass supplies from a wholesaler, as well as every few years for a reunion of either nurses or schoolmates.

Happy glassing,
    Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Free Patterns For Stained Glass

• shrty411
    17 years ago

Welcome! Great site, especially for us newbies to glass!! Hope to hear more from you!

Maria

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Bump!

• rosemarythyme
    16 years ago

Thanks for bumping that Janey! Put it in my "favs" so that I can show DH the light box that I'm SURE I want him to construct! Great cutting tips, too.

Sponsored