SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd

SW Emerald Paint - had to share (long - sorry!)

ttodd
9 years ago

In the recent past a GWer or 2 has accused me of being a suspicious poster for product placement. I assure you that I have truly been a member of GW for 14yrs. & if I see a product that really works for me I like to share. That and new upcoming decorating shows too!

I just wanted to share pics of the trim out job I just did w/ SW Emerald paint. Yes it's been around for awhile and I have in fact been using it almost since it came out. I am not a paint snob but I am a consumer of convenience & it is convenient for me to purchase SW only.

I've been trying to nail down a color for each room for about 14yrs now too so there has been a lot of repeat painting. BM, Valspar, Olympic, SW, Behr, on and on. Still want to try F&B but not sold near me.

Since buying or business a few yrs ago I became a sole user of SW because we inherited a business acct w/ them. At that time I also decided to paint my interior shades of white & grey except for the kids rooms where they could have a hand in choosing color.

Well DS1 gave up his rm to move back in w/ his brother in the larger room so today I started trimming out that room w/ SW Pure White in the Emerald paint line in a matte finish. His room was swatched out in BM Polo blue - an almost black blue color.

I've really liked the scrubability of the Emerald Matte (I insist on a matte finish on my walls) but over the yrs I have only painted over slightly darker colors w/ the Emerald paint line in whatever shade of white I was currently using.

I anticipated many, many coats of white over the dark blue but to my surprise I am done at 2 coats. I wanted to show you the results of the trim out done in 2 coats.

If you happen to be painting a light color over a dark color I would highly recommend considering this line. I do think that it's expensive but it always goes on our business acct so I am not sure of the exact cost. If you want to splurge on paint that does what it says though, I would not hesitate to make this investment.

That said - I am now curious if any of you have paint brands that you would care to share that cover over very dark paint colors in very few coats.

End of day status:

This post was edited by TheFoxesPad on Sat, Jul 26, 14 at 21:30

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!