SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brightm

36"/33" or asymmetrical super susan?

brightm
9 years ago

We're getting close to ordering our cabinets. DH would say that I'm looking for things to worry about.

The current plan (A) calls for a 36" super susan in the corner between the sink and fridge. There's 3" that I'm not sure what to do with (have looked at the 3" info I can find, but up for suggestions) between the sink and susan, and a 15" cabinet where trash is planned between susan and fridge. This 'shrunk' from 18 to 15 after a bad initial measure. I'm not thrilled about going from 18 to 15 because with an 18" trash I can put two cans in (trash and recycling). With a 15", I only get one. The recycling would either be under the sink or in a cabinet a ways to the left of the sink.

I got to thinking that I could do an asymmetrical susan and get the 18" back. Then I thought I could go 33" and get a more useable space between the susan and the sink. I've layed out the 4 options I see in the pic that's included.
A) 3"--36"x36"--15"
B) 6"--33"x33"--18"
C) 6"--33"x36"--15"
D) 3"--36"x33"--18"

There's a 33x36 on display at the local HD. It's Kraftmaid and we're going Innermost. But I got to see one at least.

One of my fears with either the 33x33 or asymmetrical ones is that the width of the door shrinks. And the turntable shrinks either way.

One of the benefits that I see with the asymmetrical ones are that there's a wider edge that's not covered by the susan, and I'm looking for somewhere to keep a cutting board or two on that side of the room. (But I just saw an old thread where someone has several cookie sheets and cutting boards in a symmetrical one, so maybe that isn't even a benefit.)

What would you do?

Comments (8)