SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Farmhouse plan with new kitchen layout

lavender_lass
11 years ago

Many of you have already seen our kitchen inspiration picture...
{{gwi:1461259}}From Lavender Lass farmhouse pictures

I really like this much more, than a kitchen island and table...so here is the new kitchen/keeping room layout, with greenhouse and dining porch.
{{gwi:1895322}}From Lavender Lass farmhouse pictures

The greenhouse is really more of a sun porch with lots of plants and a little marble bistro table (LOL) but it does give me a bit of a 'plant mudroom' to have the big farm sink, start plants for the garden and keep plants over the winter.

The dining porch was my mom's idea. I've always wanted a screened eating area (due to bugs, wildlife, barn kitties, etc.) and it would be nice to have a more separate eating area for the holidays. My mom said...why not combine them and have a glass porch that is also screened. Then, you can use it year round, if you heat it. Laura12 came up with the idea to add radiant heat to the floor...so thanks to their input, we ended up with a great, year round dining area!

The downstairs is all cellar with the exception of the rec room, under the kitchen/keeping room. This is my husband's 'man space' which will be great for keeping rowdy guys (drinking a few beers) away from my nicer things upstairs. (LOL)

The second story layout (small bedroom and attic) is not going to be changed, at all. We decided it would be too much work with the roof lines and structural support, to add a bathroom up there, so we decided on the powder room and master bath...with the hall bath serving as the study/guest bedroom bath (in case nephew/other) ever moves in with us...as well as a handy bath by the mudroom and utility area. It also gives guests the option of the powder room, while company uses the shower. Oh, that's an armoire across from the master bath sink...and a window box, outside that bathroom window.
{{gwi:2072557}}From Lavender Lass farmhouse pictures

We've been having some scrapper guys cleaning up the barnyard the last month and we're still cleaning out the old farmhouse. Hopefully, we'll get past clean up, sorting and scrap at some point, but at least it seems like progress. We really like the plan, since it gives us all the spaces we both really wanted...but isn't so big we wouldn't use the main floor spaces every day. The main floor is about 2050 square feet, without the porches. Thanks for looking and all your help so far. Please let me know if you have any comments/suggestions :)

Comments (7)