SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sjhockeyfan325

Living room - what do you suggest for the corner ?

sjhockeyfan325
9 years ago

This is a picture of our living room, which is part of a great room. The entire room is about 42' long, half of which is the kitchen and dining room and half of which is the living room. The living room half is slightly narrower than the kitchen/dining half. The sectional, swivel chair, media cabinet and rug are new, everything else will eventually be replaced. The entire room is various shades of beige, taupe, grey-taupe, white and black. The room gets a lot of natural light.

We want to put a comfortable but stylish chair in the corner where you see the rattan chair now. Originally I was thinking patterned, but then the rug arrived :-). We have no color in the room as yet, but are partial to aqua/turquoise/teal, dark blue, spice, and fuschia. Would you suggest a neutral color chair in a solid or stripe, and add color with pillows and lamps, etc, or a colorful chair. I love the way decorators combine patterns, but I'm terrible at it (classic "I know it when I see it, but I can't make it happen myself"). The beige wall is also up for grabs - it was painted the same color as the dining room wall and the hall wall (Berkshire Beige at 75%) as a placeholder. We do like it, but we need some color!

Thanks for your help.

Comments (21)