LRP-AGT,WtPR=-1029384756

kiko_gw
13 years ago
last modified: last year

I

Comments (17)

• Oakley
    13 years ago

I can't figure out which chairs you got rid of! lol. I see two sofas but not two chairs.

I'd center the sofa area on the rug since the game table is off to the side and it's already close to the other area rug in the next room.

I will say this, you will love having that table in there. Might as well add a TV too! I use our "game" table for so many other things. It came in handy at Christmas when I used it to wrap presents and watch TV at the same time.

You all will love playing games there, and the kids can have a quiet place to do homework.

We had company not long ago and my SIL and I sat there and ate and caught up on gossip away from the men! It was like our own Ladies Only Dining Room. :)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

I think the game table and chairs look terrific! The only things I am not wild about are the two Chinese stools and the footstool/ottoman. The white Chinese stools look a bit extraneous placed as they are. Would they work as side tables between the couches and fireplace? The ottoman looks out of place as well. I would remove it entirely or if you really want to keep it available, place it in front of the double windows in the room with the pool table. Overall, though, you have a very nice flow going and I bet you will get a lot more use out of the room.

When you first posted with your ideas for the space, I thought it would be hard to make it work, but you have succeeded beautifully. I actually don't think you need to put the area rug back. What you have now is quite elegant. Nice job!!! I love the way it looks.

• Valerie Noronha
    13 years ago

It all looks lovely.... though I agree with cyn427 on the stools and ottoman

• vampiressrn
    13 years ago

Your home looks gorgeous. I love your game table...the chairs are very elegant. I have a game table in my Tiki Lounge and it is used for serious (lots of drinkin' cussin' cheatin') card games and is always a great place for group conversations at parties.

I really like your garden stools but think they would be better on the far end of your couches by the fireplace. The rug would look good in between your couches. JMHO...Other than that, I really think your room looks marvelous.

• palimpsest
    13 years ago

If you put back the rug, anchor the sofas on it, but I think it looks kind of clean without another rug.

• cooperbailey
    13 years ago

I really like the juxtaposition of the round pearly garden stools against the black lines of the coffee table. I would keep them right where they are.
    The only thing I would change would be the ottoman by the silver cabinet. I dont think you need it in the room.

• TxMarti
    13 years ago

Oh I like your game table. Tell me about those chairs. I've been looking for something similar but thought they had to be on casters to work as a game table. Yours shows me differently.

• kiko_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

oakleyok - You probably can't figure out which ones I got rid of because I didn't post a pic of them! I'll try to find the old pic. Great idea about the "Ladies Dining Room"! I usually put the kids on their own table or at the breakfast bar in our great room when we "entertain", but maybe I need to put the ADULTS at the game table in the living room instead. I just may try that the next time we have someone over for dinner.

cyn427 - I can see how the garden stools and circle ottoman might look lost. Those are my *favorite* things in the room so I am determined to use them somewhere, but the options are limited. I think the coffee table is a little small for the room so thought I could "beef" it up with the stools. The circle ottoman is practical where it is: people plop on it while waiting to play pool. Nobody ever sits in the chairs by the pool table but they will sit on the ottoman.

vampiressrn - I may try the stools on the ends by the fireplace; it might be a bit tight on the side by the game table though.

palimpsest - that is exactly what I am thinking. I am worried the rug under the sofas might look lopsided; I may give it a quick try when it gets back before deciding.

cooperbailey - Thanks! I *love* those capiz drum tables from West Elm can't decide if they look hip or hideous there. It's good to have one "yay" vote!

marti8a - The game table is the Marchella from Pier1. The chairs are the Becca Dining Chairs in cream leather by Safavieh. I bought them from Overstock.

• kiko_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

O.K., I moved the ottoman by the coffee table and put the capiz drum tables in the corners by the fireplace. This is definitely better, but I'm not 100% sure about the drum table on the right. The rug still isn't back yet.

From Living Room

• kiko_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

And here's a pic of the "old chairs" and the rug that is out being cleaned. I hope I can figure out a way to use the rug!

From Living Room

• vampiressrn
    13 years ago

Fabulous. I am still drooling over those game chairs...they are beautiful.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

Now it is perfect! I had thought the ottoman would work there and it does! I would keep it as is without the rug. Your place is absolutely beautiful-magazine worthy.

Oh and if you aren't sure about the drum table on the right, is there room in the corner by the game table? It is hard to tell how much space is there, but that could work.

Really, I just can't gush enough over your room. LOVE it.

• cooperbailey
    13 years ago

I changed my mind the ottoman is perfect by the table!

• Karen Marcely
    13 years ago

Kiko, What color paint is on your walls? Your living room is my inspiration for my living room make-over. I am going to paint, replace sofa, and carpet, everything except 2 dark green wingback chairs and my piano. I even love the light color carpet you have, but I'm a little nervous going that light with 2 dogs.

• bird_lover6
    13 years ago

Your room is just lovely. Very soothing and interesting at the same time.

• Arapaho-Rd
    13 years ago

Love the look of your room without the rug - everything works together as a very clean, neat look but yet warm and inviting. I just love your decorating style.

Makes me look at my room and want to start over!

• loribee
    13 years ago

Beautiful room!