SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mosaicwench1

So you don't think I'm a slug . . .

mosaicwench1
16 years ago

I actually HAVE been spending time on mosaics - just not as much as I'd like.

The reason? I'm in the middle of a "forced" bathroom remodel. My tub surround of 4 inch ceramic tile on DRYWALL (from 30 years ago) was wet and crumbling. Took a putty knife to it a few weeks ago to see how bad it was . . . . and gutted the surround to the studs. We only have one bathroom so we had to get the shower back in and working asap.

Well once you have everything torn up you may as well go all out and do it all - it's only ONE bathroom, after all. So right now this is my view from the toilet:

I have 4 inch tiles all the way around the bathroom up 48" on the walls . . . .that's a LOT Of tile to remove. We've already taken 600 pounds of it to the dump.

The upshot of this is that the day before I took the putty knife to my crumbling walls, I finished gluing on the last glass for a GOG window meant for the bathroom. I have patriotic accents in the bathroom and this will hang in the top of the only window in the bathroom. I will grout it with black. I've named it "Blood of Heroes."

I've also been working on a little ceramic sandal as well as the swap balls, so I'm shufflin' right along.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!