SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
armomto3boys

Wanna help redesign my mom's 1960's kitchen?

armomto3boys
16 years ago

She has finally decided to gut it and start over! (over my father's objections, but he'll just have to deal, he can spend $25,000 on a farm tractor without a problem, we can redo mom's kitchen ;) )

So, I made a rendering of it, but the countertops are actually the flower power daisy in blue and green pastel!

As you can see from the floor plan, it needs help (besides aesthetics). The microwave sits on a cart that blocks the cabs next to the range. There was a bar on the short wall on the other side of the fridge but she took that out a long time ago. Right now she has a vintage pot bellied stove sitting there, but I'm not sure what she wants to do with it, so I left it out for now. It's not usable, it's just there for looks.

She doesn't want to move any walls and the range and sink stay where they are. So the main thing is reconfiguring the fridge wall I guess. But for now, any imaginative layouts you come up with would be great! She wants white raised panel cabs. I think a micro over the range would be best, can they be vented outside? The vent is already there. She's looking at a black laminate countertop, looks like a veiny soapstone to me. She does have a walk in pantry just off the kitchen. I included the dining area for reference.

Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to help!

Comments (18)