SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deeinohio

Need dining advice...and thanks, Ttodd!

deeinohio
13 years ago

I recently painted my dining room with SW Requisite Grey, and wanted to ask for some advice on the finishing touches. I also wanted to thank Tiffani for her pictures of Requisite Grey in her bedroom, which was THE reason I selected that color. Since we have natural woodwork, and most of the rooms I see here have painted, it's difficult to determine what looks good with mine. I wanted a grey but was reluctant because of the brown woodwork. Anyway, I love it!!

The help I need is for the rest of the room. The table and chairs and china cabinet (a family piece, not in pictures) stay. I can take out the silver chest and the buffet table if I need to, but I really need some kind of side table. I'm concerned because my taste runs pretty traditional, and with the somewhat contemporary rug, which direction do I go with lamps, and can I use the below mirror? I had the mirror previously on the opposite wall. Can I still use it as kind of art work, or am I better to ditch it? I also own two glass ball lamps with silver bases. Can I use these with the black chandelier and/or the gold mirror? Should I put shades on the chandelier instead of the glass globes. I own some beige shades with black eyelash trim. Too much? I also need help with artwork. I like the current calmness of the room so don't want anything too colorful. I previously had two black matted doillies from my grandmother. Not sure if I want them back in. I just need some more eyes to look at my dilemma. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Dee

Dining room:

Table wall:

Mirror:

Framed doillies:

Comments (6)