SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
musicteacher_gw

I think I am going to cry

musicteacher
9 years ago

I found some lovely soapstone for a great price and put money down it. Since then I have been going crazy scraping off a popcorn ceiling, took all the doors (25) off the cabinets, scrubbed, sanded, two layers of primer etc. All this to make ready for my pretty new counters. I wasn't terribly upset that it was taking so long because I was busy, but after two cancelled appointments they finally told me to come in for templating - but were using a different stone!!!! The secretary told me mine were across the street in the warehouse, another person told me that someone else had made a contract the same day as me but theirs turned out larger than they expected so there wasn't enough for me, and a third guy confessed that no, actually, they broke the stones. What the heck? They tried to talk me into the ugly stone then invited me to come down to a warehouse where there was more of the same ugly stone. "Don't worry, we will find the perfect stone for you". I personally went to several warehouses in Dallas and the few that have soapstone ( or jet mist) want double the price.
I don't trust them at all and just want my money and my sink back. They knew about this over a week ago, and just kept giving me the run around. Mostly I am just so deflated! I still have 11 drawers to strip and sand and prime - and every surface in the kitchen to paint, and don't have the heart or the energy to do any of it. I was essentially designing around a stone that I no longer have. School starts for me on Aug. 11th and it appears that I have wasted my summer on a project that isn't going to happen. Sorry, about whining> My relatives just glibly say, "Get your money back and pick something else".

Comments (32)