SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
autumn_4_gw

Counters are finally in...matte or glossy backsplash?

autumn.4
9 years ago

We are nearing the end of a new construction build. Our counters were installed yesterday. I haven't posted on kitchens in a while since we had our layout finalized and have been waiting for this next step. I had tried searching before install but I just couldn't wrap my mind around it without seeing it in place so I shelved it. So here it is installed and I am in the backsplash phase. :)

Here are a couple pics, cabinets are not fully installed, lacking glass and some crown.

Opposite the living room - open floor plan, dining room off to your left:

Fridge wall:

Perimeter is AB leathered over soft white cabinets. Island is Alaksa White over Shiloh Silas (grayish stain) cabinets.

I am thinking it would be best to stay with a quiet backsplash, likely a subway or 2x4. We are pretty casual people and more of a traditional/transitional style.

Would you put matte backsplash over matte counter? I am thinking yes BUT I do like the Sonoma crackle (encore is so nice but way out of budget) and that is glossy.

Thoughts? Yay or nay and if not then any ideas from the creative geniuses out there? Budget is under $15/sq ft..

Thanks in advance.

Comments (9)