SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
desertsteph

I'm getting so good at fixing stuff - anyone need help?

desertsteph
11 years ago

lol! just kidding. you'd probably just kill me...

I tried to put another shelf over the last one I put in one of my closets. I ended up moving the back wall brace for it twice. Then I tried to put the shelf in. It had to go up to about my shoulders (not easy with 1 bad arm) - I had to angle it to get past the side wall brace - and got it stuck between the 2 end walls. I couldn't get it to budge - so I beat on it (tore up some drywall too). Then it went kkkker-plunk! It fell hitting the side wall brace for the shelf below it which then fell and all the stuff on it slid off.

I had a heck of a time getting that shelf loose enough to get it out of the closet!

So this morning I decided to use my little 'do everything' hand tool and sand the ends down. The little sander attachment thing kept unscrewing itself from the tool w/in about 15 seconds of being on. Read instruction booklet... didn't help. Took attachment off (well, it fell off) and used it to sand the shelf ends BY hand.

later in the day I did manage to get the fallen shelf (and it's side brace) back up. Then I realized that the braces for the shelf above it were too low to allow for some of the things I wanted on the shelf below...so I moved it back up an inch. again.

then I gave up on that one for now. Went to another room to put up another shelf and found I really don't have the right size pieces of wood for the wall braces it needs. So I'm scrounging around looking for bits of wood to makeshift it.

other than that it wasn't a bad day...

did I mention the curtain rod I put up Mon night is crooked?

you need any help?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH