SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
morgne_gw

Selling Soapstone On CL?

morgne
11 years ago

Hello!

I haven't been around for a while but I had a question the other TKO's are uniquely suited to answer. :)

I bought 5? slabs of soapstone over the period I was working on my house and then discovered that I couldn't use most of them (long, long story!) and the house they were destined to go into is being demolished.

Normally I'd just list the items on CL and call it a day but with large slabs and pieces of soapstone Im really concerned about how that would work. We all know that slabs can have inherent flaws so what if I sell them and someone breaks them getting them home?! Or if I agree to let them do rough cuts on site to make them manageable to move ... that's allowing someone else to use a major power tool on the property for an extended possibility of time which opens me up to a lot of liability. Ugh. Those are the kinds of questions I'm having. The people in pdx are pretty DIY so I'm tentatively okay with it but there's just a lot of danger in moving stuff this heavy even if there's no concern about breakage.

Do I offer to let them cut on my property? What is fair if they do a cut and there turns out to be a flaw?

Any thoughts on protecting myself? Or should I just not list it at all?

I know that pental wouldn't even sell slabs to homeowners (I used a loophole against their will) because of all these things... which seemed annoying at the time and now I'm the one in the hot seat!

Comment (1)