SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Greetings this October Monday

luvstocraft
14 years ago

Good morning all. Hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend and are all ready to tackle a new week.

I need to do a bit of housework, go shop for a couple of birthday presents, and finish up some projects I've gotten painted. Pictures will get posted this afternoon I hope. ;o)

Anj, your life should be returning to "normal" tomorrow, right? Kids head back to school, DH is well and back to work today. I'm sure you will have lots of pick up and catch up things to do around the house for a couple days. Hopefully, you will get to squeeze in a little time for yourself and your paint brushes again. I know you've been wanting to do some Halloween projects. Most of all, I hope you can get back into having some computer time, sure miss you when we don't hear from you. ;o)

Our weather has cooled off sooo much this week and I'm totally loving it. We went from the 90's and 100's down to the upper 60's! This means I really should pull out my clippers and start trimming those vines again--been putting it off because it was too hot. Now I can feel like Fall is here. I got my front patio decorated before the garage sale, but haven't done anything inside yet.

Punk, all your decorations looked so nice--but made me feel guilty that you got all that done while working full time and here I've got lots of time and haven't done mine yet! ;o( I'd better get with the program this week, huh?

Belle and Bebe do you decorate for Fall/Halloween? I try to say I do it for the GD, but actually I've always done it. Told DH when I quit, he will know that I feel too old! LOL

Okay, better check the other forum and get busy on some housework here. I'll check back in later this afternoon. Have a good week everyone.

Luvs

Comments (16)

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Luvs,
    I spent part of the weekend with GD so that is always special time. I bought alot of new clothes cuz unlike Anj, I've put on 35 pounds and I think my clothes keep shrinking every week iin the dryer.LOL

Luvs, I'll bet you are enjoying the cooler weather. We turned our heat on last week but it hasn't been to bad except when the wind blows. I talked to my DB in WY today and he said they got a foot of wet snow last night.

Don't feel guilty that I get so much done. I'm sure you still remember how one must be organized when working. We call this life when the life your leading now is LIFE! Having the outside done is half way there. Someday I'll join you on the retirement but for now I still have way to many wants. I looked at BMW's and Escalades just last weekend.

Hope you have time to post and will be looking forward to seeing your project. Always do. Punk

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Ouch! that is what I say every time I move...we have been working in the yard and tomorrow we hope to get the porch & deck painted. It has cleared off here but still in the mid 60's with our first heavy frost last night.

So Luvs... did you have a good time shopping for your gifts? Did you have a shopping partner?

We had a busy weekend. DH sister celebrated their 50th Anniv on Sat., and we had a conference/banquet that day/night, and they were about 70 miles apart. But we made both and had a great time. Silly me had hoped that Sunday would be a "catch my breath" day...ya' right! Some of the family came by to see our home so it was up early....prep the house....make food...well you get the picture. But it was really nice to visit with everyone.

Fall/Halloween decorations? Yes, I start in mid August with my fall decorations and just keep adding and removing things until after Thanksgiving. I love the fall decorations...I think I like orange! Actually I think it is my favorite color. I took out the tubs of Halloween deco., late yesterday and have about half of them where they will go....things have changed so much in the last two years it is hard to find just the right place for everything. But I do plan on taking lots of pictures so I don't have this problem next year. DH just looks at me and does the usual head shake.

Hope everything is "right" with the girls, no news is good news right?

Well, baseball is over for another season. Don't know what I will do with DH now that he won't be glued to the TV at night. But then, I will probably miss them as much as he does....well almost!

Better get dinner started, this is another time when I wish we lived closer to town.....more dinner out nights.

Stay safe!

Belle

• Related Discussions

Monday, October 30

Q

Comments (5)
    As Andie suggests, Sylvia Plath was a complicated woman and her final successful suicide attempt was only that last of a series. Yet she was also a woman of great strength and talent. I've read and taught her poems and the Bell Jar for years, but ironically my favorite poem of hers is a short lyric called "Metaphors" that she wrote when she pregnant with one of her two children: Metaphors I'm a riddle in nine syllables, An elephant, a ponderous house, A melon strolling on two tendrils. O red fruit, ivory, fine timbers! This loaf's big with its yeasty rising. Money's new-minted in this fat purse. I'm a means, a stage, a cow in calf. I've eaten a bag of green apples, Boarded the train there's no getting off. As the mother of four kids and grandmother of eight, that last line, "Boarded the train there's no getting off," feels so appropriate a description of a big chunk of my life.
    ...See More

Monday's Quote, 27th October Counting down to Hallowe'en

Q

Comments (7)
    You know, I thought you would, Marda because you share my love for bats. When I got to the part where he talked about their 'baby faces' in the violet light, it struck a chord. When we had to replace our ancient roof, and it meant evicting our bat colony, we built little houses and put them up in appropriate places. I am apt to love a poem more for the 'word paintings' than their construction. It's as important as the thought behind them, because it makes the ideas palatable.
    ...See More

Quote Monday 6 October

Q

Comments (2)
    I can relate to this one. The workplace is so much better if people try to treat those who are working for them (and with each other) as human beings instead of some kind of amorphous economic assets.
    ...See More

Monday! Monday! Blooms So Good To Me.....Every

Q

Comments (26)
    Thanks Brandy and Judith. Raspberry Ripple was one of my very first set of roses to plant when I moved 7 years ago to this new home. It is very floriferious, never without blooms, disease free and winter hardy. Why I love this rose so much is that I don't make a lot of fuss with it and continues to come back year after year. Bridal Pink and Pretty Lady along with some others are all new for me this year. I am into ordering roses thats not too popular or overly mentioned. Thanks to Beth, she inspired me. Niecey
    ...See More
  • anjabee
    14 years ago

Hi....DH went to work, but then came home mid-day so there went my day. ha
    We also got snow the other night. We went straight from summer into winter. No gradually getting used to things with fall. I've had my heater turned on for a while and got out the winter clothes today. Dang kids are growing like weeds. Looks like everyone is going to need some wardrobe suppliments.
    I'm not even wanting to decorate for Halloween. Isn't that horrible. Just seems like a lot of work to me right now. ha DD's b-day bash will be around the 18th so I guess I need to get some things up. Maybe tomorrow. Have to go shopping for one son a shirt for picture day to match the other kids. Got thru a lot of the tomatoes today. Only a couple of zucchinis left to make bread with....maybe tomorrow. Got the girls room totally cleaned out today and put back together. Getting a lot done, just nothing I want to be doing. ha Maybe I can at least get things cleared for painting on Friday. Now off to make supper. Later...~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Back again, so glad to read posts from the three of you.

I didn't get to go shopping, my little elderly friend called in a panic because she had gotten an overdraft notice from the bank. (I had told her Friday that I was afraid she would because she had not written in two checks and had crossed out one I had written for her--but mailed it and it cleared the bank. She had no idea why she crossed it out!) So I drove to her house, called the bank, got a couple charges reversed and fixed her checkbook again. After that I was worn out so just came on back home, will try the shopping tomorrow.

DH got a sore throat, sneezes, and stuffed up nose last week so we ended up not going to the fair. He is doing better now, but my throat is scratchy today so I'm worried! We've both got to go get our flu shots too.

Didn't get my projects done either--will have to try tonight or tomorrow. Right now I just need to fix us a bite to eat for dinner and see how it goes after that.

Wow! I can't believe some of you are getting snows and such cold weather already! You're right, not much of a transition period.

I'd better get going. TTYL

Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Hail, hail, the gangs all been here.

Belle you best go jump in the hot tub or just a hot bath and relax. What are we all thinking when we don't know when to say when? I see alot of people who seem to live a long healthy life that just keep going so that's why I do it.LOL How about the rest of you?

Luvs, do you grease up with Vicks? I think we may have covered this subject before but I believe it cures alot. I don't think I will get a flu shot but hope all that wants one will have a chance to get one for this flu season.

Your little friend is a lucky lady to have you to help her out of her banking issues. I just went into the bank I use to work at and it is stunning in there. They have put in all cherry wood and granite and it looks like it should be in a big city. Just beautiful.

Anj, so sorry you have snow. I still have my squash sitting outside and don't want to bring it in until I have to. Growing kids require alot of clothes. We bought GD several outfits and a new winter coat for winter last weekend.

Gonna close and I'll be back another time. Punk

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Punk, I read on one of your other messages that you had a tooth pulled. Hope you got to take the day off work and just relax a bit. Oh--keep your tongue away from there! LOL That was always so hard for me! ;o)

I am a firm believer in Vicks--I even LIKE the smell! I also believe in gargling a little diluted vinegar and salt water for a sore throat. Grew up in the country and used lots of home remedies--they work pretty good when you are young and mostly healthy anyway--not so sure about their powers later in life, sometimes a prescription works faster! LOL

Have any of you been looking at the blogs or shopping sites for Fall and Halloween ideas? I've browsed a bit just for the fun of it. Lots of cute things out there for sure. Maybe if I'd stay off the computer, I'd get more things painted--now there's a thought! LOL

Okay, I've got to get cleaned up and go find those two birthday gifts today--then if I don't feel so good, I can just flop on the couch for a nap afterwards! Just need to get those gifts taken care of and off my mind. ;o(

Anj, your house is gonna feel so EMPTY today with DH back at work and the kiddies back in school. If I were you, I'd just sit a few minutes with a hot cuppa something and listen to the silence! ;o)

Hope you all have a good day. TTYL

Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Hello All,

Luvs, did you get your bday gifts today? I don't have time to browse but love it when you share with us. I know what you mean about having time to paint if one stays off the computer. I'm sure thats why I have gained weight. I can sit and eat a whole bag or box of something before I know it.

I did get 2.5 hours off work yesterday and I'm just getting home tonight so it never pays to take time off. We are so ahead on sales already this month and that's fantastic. Funny you should mention to keep your tongue out of the hole. That was one of the first things I was told yesterday. My dentist also told me that I'm in the top 1% of having the best dental hygiene so it really upsets me that I have such bad teeth.

I started a new snowman project and I'm trying to turn it into ghosts instead. We'll see how it turns out. I kinda wish I hadn't painted the orange and then I would probably finish tonight.

I'm suppose to go out to DM's with the mason and get a quote for fixing the fireplace that the last renter wrecked. They cracked the harth and it's 4" thick. They also let the fire smoke up the rock and they pounded spikes into the rocks. He seems to think he can make it look like new again so I'm willing to pay if he can.

I need to go out and bring all the squash in before it freezes to hard and ruins them tonight. So I'll close for now and talk later or tomorrow.

Punk

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Ok, finally got project finished....got project photographed.....tried to post project.....but for some reason my pics will not upload to photobucket. Keeps saying they are uploaded, but they are nowhere to be found. Gonna keep trying. Sorry guys.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Other's have mentioned having some Photobucket problems recently. Hope you get it to work for you, looking forward to seeing your projects.

Punk, I know what you mean about taking time off then having to work twice as hard to catch up the next day! I used to say it almost wasn't worth it! I try not to eat while on the computer--bad enough when I eat while watching tv, don't need to add more. LOL

Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Hello Again,

I finished my platter and didn't have a problem posting so hope your post will come through for you Anj. Isn't it funny how photobucket just doesn't work well with others at times.

Luvs, because of you I'm not eating right now.LOL I can't believe I use to never eat after dinner and I was so slim. But then I use to always be running around all night too. One of us gals was always having a party of some sort and then when the children came we were always running for them. Now with GD I don't run to all of her activities yet so guess that's why I have figured out I do like food just didn't ever take the time to eat much before.haha

Anyhoo I will keep looking for your projects and will go c what to start next. Oh a question for all of you. Do you proof read your post before posting? I don't take the time and wonder how many boo boo's I have. It just doesn't matter does it???

Punk

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Punk, trust me, I'm not one to give advice to anybody about eating! I'm totally a "food addict" and have seldom met a food I didn't like! LOL I've managed to collect quite a bit of weight and can't seem to get any of it to leave! (Did I mention that I'm not very disciplined either?) I'm seriously considering either WW or NS to get rid of some of my excess baggage! Any reccomendations????

Saw your cute little Halloween tray--very cute. I still haven't gotten pics taken of my latest projects, maybe I can do that today so I have something to share.

Sure hope Anj can figure out what's going on with her posting problem. I managed to finally get my pics to download to my computer and it appears to have just been that the battery was getting low--but not low enough that it was giving me a warning of any kind. Once I charged it, it loaded fine.

Well,DH is feeling better now--and I fought my sore throat all day yesterday. Voice is a bit "husky" this morning, but throat feels better and I'm not stuffed up or anything. Hope I can get rid of it before it turns into a full blown cold.

Got the present for DIL yesterday, just need to get it wrapped and get my friends gift bought and wrapped today hopefully. I have the hardest time figuring out what to give for gifts! Something that should be fun becomes a struggle for me because I'm so indecisive!

Okay, off to check the other forum. Have a great day everyone.

Luvs

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Good "Burrrrrrr" Morning,

Fall has definitely arrived! Our feathered friends are checking out where the feeder usually is, they even sit on the window sill and look inside the house, but it will have to wait until the porch is finished...painting it today... thank goodness.

I think there is something to the saying "Forty Year Spread" I actually waited until about 45 and then ...Oh! Well! As to what plan to follow Luvs, I read somewhere that WW has the best record of people keeping the weight off with the Heart Assoc diet coming in next. Hope that helps!

Anj...had the same problem with photobucket...it's their problem not yours, you just have to try later and hope it works. I think it happens during peak times.

Punk...isn't it awful when you do everything right and yet still have to suffer pain and then along comes someone who never brush's or anything else and their teeth are perfect. Just plain not fair!

DH found two of my Halloween stand-ups that I thought were toast. One is a witch and the other is Frankenstein. Their bodies are wood but the arms are cloth covered wire. The cloth had been removed and now I have to find replacements, not hard on the witch as the vest part is black and almost any shinny Halloween patterned material will work, butt Frankie vest part was painted to match the material, now the sleeves have to be painted to match the chest. I just love a challenge. I was going to repair their booboo's but think I will leave them or not.

I have also started some really cute fall leaves from Tuttles Touches Vol 5 and then it's off to the ornaments and then I think I will finally say yes to having my carpel tunnel problem addressed. The Dr. want to do both at once...but being a control minded person, I don't know if I want both hands out of my control at once. Guess I will have to have a long chat with my Dr. Anyway, I am getting tired (tired of being tired...lol) of waking up at 3 or 4 AM and not getting much sleep after than.

I'm off to get a few chores done before we start mixing the paint...then it's all on hubby and the spray gun and maybe I can finally get everything done....OK! Not Happening!

Belle

PS...I proof read everything but still make lots of "goofs"

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

I couldn't agree more with your heading Belle. It's to early to have this cold weather. One of my friends has been going to WW for 2 years and finally hit her goal. She walks at least 2 miles a day first thing in the morning and if she has time, more in the evening. She thinks this is the key to losing weight. WW has alot of good recipes that one just has to stick with their points every day. I tell myself I don't have time right now.haha I wish DH would go walk with me and I would love it. That's not going to happen so I'll save my breath. I was lucky and my weight didn't hit till like 52 but I think it's making up for lost time.LOL

Luvs, good to hear your sore throat is better and DH feels good now. We are having a little sore throat but it doesn't seem to last more than a day.

I hope all of you get your projects done and posted too. It's a good thing I don't have issues or I'd never get back to posting them. Did you see how long it took to repost the trays I messed up posting. Oh by the way, Luvs, thanks for being such a sweetie on your comment on that. You know I'm blond!

Belle, I'll bet your stand ups will be cuter than before when you get done with them. I can't say I like a challange any more. Seems like alot of things are getting to be a challange.haha You have so much going at home that I'll bet you'll be so happy when it's all done. I thought I would have my flooring done by now and I've waited so long I want to just wait till Spring now. How sad is that?

I don't know how you can paint like you do with having carpel tunnel. Is there something we could learn from you? I thought I was going to have to have surgery years ago and I had to quit painting and wear a braces on my wrists every day for it seemed like forever. Now I seem to be fine and I'm glad I didn't. I think you do way to much to have them done at the same time. I know there is no way I would ever let that happen with myself but doc knows best so I'll just wish you the best if you decide to go for it.

When it comes to buying gifts for others, I try to talk with them and get ideas on what they like or want and that helps me the most. Seems like if you can visit with someone and ask enough questions they will end up giving all kinds of ideas. But with my MIL, I never see her so I go by what others say.

Have a good evening and I'll yak with ya all later. Punk

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

No one wants to play here today huh? Well Luvs, I enjoyed your mirror you painted. So cute and bet it was fun to paint.

I went up to DD and GD tonight. Visited DS for awhile and then went out to dinner with DD and GD. DD dyed my hair so I'm late getting home and my eyes are trying to tell me it's bed time so I'll close and try to get back here tomorrow.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sorry, I came by early this morning and really didn't have anything interesting to say! LOL

Good to hear you are "bee-u-ti-ful" again Punk. Nice that your DD can do that for you. Hope you get a good night's rest too.

I've gotten my birthday gifts wrapped and ready to go. I'm looking forward to going to lunch and TS shopping with my two neighbors tomorrow.

My cold hasn't gotten any worse--just a bit of tickle in my throat that sometimes makes me cough, but a cough drop helps that. I'm hoping it will just go away.

Got an email from DIL wanting us to let little GD sleep over tomorrow night so they can go to a dinner show in Orange County--told her "sure, no problem". As of Sunday night the little one will be staying with us for four days while her Mom and Dad go to a convention in K.C.,Mo. I might not get on here very much next week for that reason!

I posted some Fall/Halloween decor over on Holidays if anyone wants to take a look.

Guess Photobucket is still not cooperating with Anj. I was looking forward to seeing her projects. Keep trying Anj! ;o)

I'll be back tomorrow morning I hope.

Luvs

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Hi girls.....finally got my project posted....I know....hold on to your cuppa and don't lose your seat. It's a miracle. ha The pictures are crappy and of course I noticed some missing elements, but oh well...it's all done now and I can move on. ha

I've got a big stack of books sitting in front of me and cannot decide what to work on next. Think I've got overload. Maybe I'll do eeny meeny and just pick one. ha Still haven't gotten my decorations out yet either. Too dang much going on. Grrr.

DH is taking me up to Park City Ski Resort tomorrow night. We have supper with friends and will head up after that. We are going to spend the night and then walk around all the shops on Sunday. We may go over to Oktoberfest and walk around there too. I'll let you know if I see any celebrities. ha

Well, better get off here and see if I can start painting something. Ya'll have a good weekend. ~Anj

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County