SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pezabelle

We're Having a Heat Wave! ! ! ! ! ! !

pezabelle
14 years ago

The title says it all, yesterday was 95 and today it hit 102 on our deck in the shade. Tomorrow and the following two days are supposed to get hotter.....I'm out in the early morning and stay in all day!!!!!

I have orginized my painting area again and will sand two new projects early tomorrow morning. Should be able to paint a lot as about the only thing I haven't done in the house is clean the attic and there isn't anything up there.

We need to do some shopping but not until it cools off. WE have wanted to get a new matress set and after sleeping on our friends foam matress-we are getting one. We also need to go car shopping, something I am not looking forward to...so many choices.

Well the swollen feet are almost back to normal after sitting here for an hour so back to work I go. Hope everyone is well and keeping cool.

Belle

Comments (20)

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Belle, I've forgotten where you live--isn't it Oregon or Washington? Wow, that is a heat wave for up there. We've been in the upper 90's, low 100's here for the last week or so too--but not uncommon for us this time of the year. Last week, we drove over to the beach about 40 minutes away and it was 75 there and 101 in the valley where we live.

That is so great that you have things in good order at home and can just relax and have some fun painting a few projects. You know we always look forward to seeing those!

Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Good Evening,

Sad occasion here again. One of the gals who catered our DD wedding reception lost her only son to a fire arm accident. Seems like there is so many bad things happening any more.

It was in the 90's here a few days last week but only hit high 70's today. Good thing cuz I have clients and didn't have time to water plants outside tonight. I couldn't believe how hot my truck was when I went to head home. I think I had to drive a good mile or two to start feeling the air conditioning.

Belle, it will be good to see some more of your paintings. Hope your swollen feet stop that pretty soon. I have dealt with some swollen feet this summer and chalked it up to eating to many chips.

Luvs hope you keep painting and keep this forum going. I have alot of training to do and so I may be alittle scare here and there until I get caught up. I just enjoy this so much. Punk

• Related Discussions

Heat wave, we're having a heat wave

Q

Comments (13)
    We certainly have mixed weather up here in the north. Cool and gloomy one day or even half a day; a few sprinkles, then it clears up for the rest of the day. Or two days of cool and grey weather followed by one or two full days of sun, although it is still cool. Not too much rain, but about two weeks ago we had one or two days. It is sunny and cool today so far. I remember the drought, too. Seven years of drought and water rationing the last two or three years; we even were asked to supply water to L.A. area, it was so bad; then we had to consider buying from Oregon. That was about the time it cleared up.
    ...See More

attic fan

Q

Comments (2)
    I hope it is ok for me to post this link here as it is to another forum. http://www.hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=166795 this is a very lenghty discussion about the many problems with attic fans, the people who know why they don't work, save money, and the problems that they cause. And the people who are die hard believers... ever the twain shall meet!! hope you take the time to read it. I would advise you to not install a power vent in your attic but instead to seal your ductwork and any penetrations such as recessed lights (for one example) that allow attic air to enter your living space. Best of luck to you.
    ...See More

Warning: cats on the counter

Q

Comments (47)
    I love your babies -- just like they're mine! I wish I could get a picture of Waylon, my Silver RagDoll lying on his back, on the peninsula, all 4 paws in the air. Or him in the sink caterwalling for water. Then there are my dogs lying with their tummies on the cool, mud room tile. Or the other cats who just lie around not moving when its hot. My 20 lb kitty, Kharma, must be next to me at all times, no matter how hot or cold. Too bad she has a malorderous bummy since she's so fat she can barely clean herself. She doesn't mind the bath, thank goodness, and seems to like it when it's so hot. I mowed the lawn yesterday for 3.5 hours. 10:00 - 1:30. When I got off the mower, I was beet red, sweating rivers, dizzy and sick to my stomach. Who knew Maryland's 90F+ and heat indicies of over 100 could hurt'cha so? I roll my eyes when people inform me, usually with a slightly superior air, that their cats/dogs/ferrets/whatever, never get on the counters or furniture. I think the frontal lobe of my brain is hardening with age, because I can barely bite back the question, "Were you born this way or have you always been so stupidly delusional?"
    ...See More

Having a heat wave!

Q

Comments (8)
    Yeah Vicki,i agree,it never made it out of the 50's here in Oceanside,and rained off and on all day long and is still raining.Dark and dreary all day long.Even made me take a nap,all snuggled up in my recliner.LOL Kathi
    ...See More
  • pezabelle
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Still hot here in Western WA., well all over WA for that matter. Easten WA is always colder and then hotter.

Sorry to hear about the young man, reminds us to hold our family close and you can ever tell them to many time how much they mean to us!

Luv...posted this over in the gallery-watched Patricia Rawlinson and she suggests using the wax used with wooden salad bowls for any painted/varnished projects that will hold food. Thinking back to all of those salad bowls we used to use all the time, we just rubbed them with bee's wax or olive oil. Should work perfect with your salsa project.

Got everything ready to start a new project only to find out that I did't have the base color and couldn't find any mixing colors to make the same shade....darn!So am looking for something else to do that I can start and finish in a day or so.

Ya' All take care!

Belle

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Thanks for the info, Belle, but I'm not really concerned about my little bowl. The salsa will be in the glass dish, and only dry chips in the bowl itself.

I got another project finished today. Just a wooden trash can I had picked up at the TS. Hadn't painted one stroke in awhile, so I sort of struggled with it a bit. I really need to paint more often so I don't feel like I'm starting all over each time! ;o(

I have my metal cake plate and cover all ready to paint, just waiting for the right "mood" so I won't mess it up! LOL

Not much going on here, still trying to keep cool just like you.

Too bad about your base color. Do you usually follow the pattern or just substitute your own colors?

Punk, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's son. That's horrible.

Don't count on me to keep things going on here--I have good intentions, but seem to be slow getting started on projects allot of the time! I'll do what I can, and I love coming here to chat with all of you too.

Luvs

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Hey....just popping in before I head to bed. Almost midnight. I've got a friend who I haven't seen since I was 19 (now 40) who has come into town and I'm supposed to meet up with her tomorrow. Trying to get my house straightened up in case she decides to come here. Also getting things together for my 2 boys to go to Scout camp Thurs, Fri & Sat and then DD and I will be going to Girls Camp the next week. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed this week. Sorry I'm not getting here much. I have good intentions, but I just can't do it all. ha I try to be superwoman, but I just end up being the sidekick. ha
    Ya'll have a very good week. Sounds like we are all working on other projects right now. Belle, take care of yourself. Luvs...your garbage can was fabulous! Punk~take care of those clients...they pay the bills. ha I'll get here when I get here, but I'm thinking about ya'll! ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Anj, we miss you on here, but totally understand that this is a busy time for you. Sounds like you are having some fun, just don't stress out over the little stuff--she's coming to see YOU, so don't go cleaning closets and drawers and such! LOL See, I know how you are! ;o)

I just need to say "I'm going to paint between 1 and 3 each day". or something like that. Otherwise, the day just seems to slip away from me!

Guess what? My neighbor/friend's cousin is opening another antique/collectibles/gift shop. She used to have one here locally, but sold out and moved to another area after her husband died. Anyway, I stopped by to see her new location the other day and she was asking me if I'm still painting. I think she might want/need a few pieces in store, especially during the holidays. Sometimes, I want to paint things that I think are cute, but don't, just because I don't have anywhere to use them. She might be a good outlet for a few things like that.

So Punk, are you getting those customers all taken care of? Can't wait for you to have some time for painting again soon. Do you have some items all ready to paint on?

And Belle, did you get a chance to get that basecoat color? Hope you have several projects you are ready to work on too.

I'll try to get busy and work on something too--I swear, I'm the world's best procrastinator! Lol

Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Good Evening All,

It's great that we have things picking up here again. I haven't started anything but it was good to get my fountain done and so far it's holding up well.

We plan to go spend the weekend at the cabing again so will have to much company there to even consider painting. I use to paint alot over there when the kids had friends and would take off on the bikes or 3 wheelers and go fishing.

Business is so busy and yes it does pay the bills so that's a good thing. I don't think there is such a thing as taking care of all the customers. They just keep coming out of the woodwork. There was four of us in there this afternoon and it was so stinkin' busy and I needed to go to the dump and it closed before I could get closed. I seem to be so far behind this year with the busy work, lots of company and I'm getting slowere also. haha

Anj, can hardly wait to see how your reunion with your friend goes. How fun and we shouldn't let time get away from us.

Belle, hope you get your base coat and get paintin'. You know I love to come here and enjoy the new projects posted. LOL I've also become attached to our conversations and would be lost without all of you here. Your kinda like my second family and I do care.

Luvs, your trash can is so wonderful. Your guests will love seeing it when they visit the bathroom. My brothers comment on my bath tissue holder almost every time there here.

Guys are funny. I've had my nails airbrushed all the time lately and the men are the ones who seem to pick up on it more than women. They seem to just say wow your nails are beautiful, who does them and I get to say me (and think, don't look to close.)haha

Dinner is almost ready and I need to start preparing food for the service so I'll run for now. Punk

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Punk, I'm so not "with it" that I don't even know what air brushing is! And to be able to do your own nails is fantastic! I used to wear acrylics when I was working so my nails would look nice and all be the same length. Had some put back on before vacation, but have taken them off now--just more comfortable not having to mess with them. Nails are so thin when the acrylics are taken off, having to wait for them to grow out and hopefully be stronger. One nice thing I have noticed is that wearing them shorter is popular now so hopefully I can get them all a nice length and then keep them looking neat.

How nice to have a cabin to get away to--and nice that your family and friends love to come too. Not to worry about the painting, won't be long until winter will be here and sitting inside painting will be just the thing.

Yes, Anj, be sure to come tell us how your visit with your old friend went. Bet the two of you will have so much to talk about. So you get to go to Girl's camp too? Sounds like fun for both of you.

Yesterday I tried painting some slightly different roses on a little metal tray. The roses turned out pretty good, but I had tried to do a pounced background thinking it would make them show up better--didn't like it at all! So guess what I did? Yep, just went to the sink and took one of those plastic scrubby things and washed it all off! Went out and gave it a new coat of spray paint and will try the roses again today without the background color. I'll keep you posted on how it goes! LOL

I too enjoy coming here and chatting with all of you. So fun to hear what's going on in your lives, and it is so neat that we are all of different ages and places in our lives--yet still have painting as our common denominator. ;o)

Luvs

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    14 years ago

WoW! What a week! Three days in a row we broke heat records, out hottest day was 105 degrees. It cooled off last night and the cool wind felt so good! We had been keeping the dogs and cats inside during the day and our kitten, Bailey, went crazy when I let him out late yesterday. It was down to 75 and he must of thought it was heaven. He chased bee's all over the yard and of course got stung. Didn't hardly slow him down.

Luvs, as to the paint...guess I need to find an online sight with great prices. The only store locally is Michaels and they only had 2 of the 10 colors I was looking for, not good! And their selection of brushes is even worse. I have a great mixing chart but some of the colors are not listed. I usually follow the patterns as close as I can unless I really don't like something. Figure the artist knows more about color combo's than I do. I watch the video by PR on mixing colors for her brush holder and wow, so many tips about mixing your base color into most all of your other colors so that they blend together. Awesome!

Anj....how did your visit go? Funny how with some friends you can pick up where you left off and with others..well not so funny. My best friends for years was my next door neighbor. Didn't see her for about 15 years but talked to her on the phone quite often. We planned and met and I was amazed! My best friend turned into a talking machine! She totally wore me out within 15 minutes and we were together an hour. I sure don't remember her talking that much, about the only thing I could get in was a few "Oh's" or "wow that's nice" or "you don't say." How we all change.

Punk...cabin in the woods...how heavenly! We used to live in the woods, same house only now we live in the rural sprawl. We went from 13 houses on our 3 1/2 mile road to 65 houses in 10 years. We know those who live close by and everyone is nice. The real problem is that we have a Rails to Trails as one of our boundaries and the 4 wheelers use it and our private road to make a 4 mile circle. The noise and dust is...well you get the picture. These kids do not have licenses or for that matter helmets, but being good neighbor we don't complain or call the sheriff, as we could. Once in a while we do stop some of them and remind them they are on a private road and to slow down. Last time we did this an angry father arrived about an hour later and wanted to take on my DH. I explained to him (DH was in town) that the kids were speeding and dong "donuts' in the gravel which we had to repair and it was a private road and we could cut off access entirely if we want to, but all we wanted from those using the road was respect for our property and for them to be a good neighbor. Didn't see the kids for about a month and they really slowed down.

Gosh...talk about a talking machine! I need to get a few things done before noon as the delivery of our new bed is scheduled for 1:00pm., invested in a Tempur-pedic and it is an investment. Sure hope it does what it advertised to do or not do.

Ya'all take care and play safe!

Belle

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Hey gals....It's 4:30am and I've been up since 4. Been waking up at this time lately for some reason. Figured I might as well get up and get some things done instead of laying there looking at the ceiling.

Well, my friend turned out to be as flaky as she always was. ha We did not meet up. I had my house all cleaned (Luvs you do know me!) and a nice little brunch set up for 10 as planned and she called at 11 and totally changed everything. I wasn't too happy about it, but that's just her so should have expected it. Talked to her again several times, but our schedules are not meshing. I have got so much going on trying to get 17 people off to camp on Monday, lots of assignments to get done before we pack up the trailer tonight. I've got my boys going to Scout day camps and overnight camps so it's been really busy for me. I really wanted to visit with her, but she kind of missed her window of opportunity. No matter what I would have done to accomodate her schedule she would have ended up changing again anyway. That's the way she always was. Maybe another time.

Luvs, everyone is leaving on Monday for Girls Camp. I'm going up Wed-Fri. I'm not a big camper, but at least they have cabins where we are going. I'm the official photographer and they have lots of fun stuff planned, plus the girls have things they have to learn and pass off while they are there....camp related. I went for 7 years starting at age 11 and ending at 18 as a councelor. This will be my first time going as an adult and here in Utah so I'm sure it will be a little different than it was in Louisiana. We camped in the swamp....they camp in the mountains. I'll let ya'll know how it goes. ha

I'm excited for your friend opening her shop. Hope you can get some things in there to sell....if you want to. I know we've talked about it becoming a chore when you are doing it for profit instead of fun.

Punk~ sounds like you are staying busy. I need somebody to airbrush my nails. They are looking pretty raggedy lately. No time to mess with them. Told DH I'd like to get mine done for my b-day.

Belle~ That's some hot weather you're having lady. Our Michaels never has the paint colors I need either. Might not be a bad idea to order online. My SIL lives at the end of a long dirt road and she is always complaining about people riding their 4 wheelers down to the end and making her driveway the turn around. She complains about the dust too. There is a cemetery right before you get to her house and she wishes they'd be more considerate and use that for the turnaround.

One of our friends (works with DH) little 4 yr old got run over and killed in their driveway yesterday afternoon. I've been really upset about it. Waiting to hear what the funeral plans will be. I need to go support them, but wondering if I'll be at camp. So sad. Sigh.

Well, ladies. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I mostly likely won't get back here until Monday. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Sure great to hear from both of you, Belle and Anj.

Anj, the news about the friend's four year old just made me feel sick! I can't even imagine the pain they must be going through.

Hope you have a great time with the girls at camp. I agree, nicer to have a cabin to sleep in. Sorry about your friend, she needs to realize that you have to coordinate six people's activites and she needs to show up at the arranged time! LOL You are right, some people are always that way--and they never think about the extra work they have caused someone when they make plans like that and then flake on them! Hopefully, your Mom or one of your girls were able to enjoy the tea with you.

Belle, your area has certainly been "developed" since you moved there! Too bad people can be so inconsiderate of others, but it's good that you explained things to that Dad so he could teach his kids to be more considerate. I really enjoyed reading all of your post, so don't apologize at all.

We're leaving tomorrow for four days in Las Vegas. Our friends from south Missouri are flying out and we're going to hang out together. I know it will be super hot there, so hopefully we will mostly be inside.

Not sure if the computer is coming with us this trip, if you don't hear from me, I'll be back around the 6th. Maybe then I can get back to doing some painting!

Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Good Evening to All of You,

Back home and lots to do as always but need to get away sometimes. I enjoyed reading all your posts but have to agree with Luvs. I'm feeling sad and sick with the loss of Anj's little neighbor girl. Can't imagine being without my GD who is 4. She is the LIGHT of my LIFE and then some.

Losing a child is a tough thing to handle and all I can say is time does help heal. It's been 33 years since we lost our son and it's hard for me to see others have to go through this.

Anj, come on up and I'll not only airbrush your nails but will apply the acrylic. Do you want colored tips or french with a different color smile line or just french? haha

You are so busy with the kids and it's great that you are going back to camp and being the photographer. Nice memories from our childhood huh. Makes me reminise while sitting here.

We started GD in swimming lessons for 4 weeks last week and she's excited that she can float and breath under water while swimming. So fun to hear the excitement when she's done with her lesson and she's so hungry. Normally she doesn't eat much. I got to take her the first day so it was great to visit with our phone customers while waiting.

DD happened to go to a pool where one little one is 3 and was jumping off the high dive. She was so impressed that she ask the mom who taught her to swim and it was one of our customers who also just started a preschool. She has taught school for years and decided several years ago to put in a pool at her home instead of renting someone else's. I have't had the time to just visit so was really behind on what was going on in her life. All of her four children have been top graduates and so it's to bad DG already has a preschool that she loves.

Luvs, your nails shouldn't be real thin after having acrylics on. Some nails are more sensitive with exposure. However if they are you can help them by applying a few coats of clear until they are use to being exposed again. A couple of weeks should do it. I applied acrylic to DD toes for the summer and she loves them. I have mine airbrushed french with NIKE designs.

Luvs, what will you do in Vegas while visiting? Are you taking the motorhome on this trip? I hope some year we will be able to go have more fun like that. Let us hear from you as soon as you have a computer available.

Belle, sounds like you did the right thing by talking with the dad and telling him like it is. I think you get more respect when your honest and up front with whoever. You Go Girl!!! By the way your donuts are broadies here in MT.LOL

Do you say soda or pop? How about the rest of you? My DH always says pop and DD says soda. I think DS says beer.LOL Cuz I'm not sure he doesn't use both when refering to that drink.

Must be hard to have so many neighbors now. Did you subdivide or was it others? We still own the 100 acres by us for this reason. Don't know what will happen if the other 5 siblings ever want to sell at once. But we're prepared if it's only 2 or 3 who want out.

Belle, sure enjoyed your tray and Luvs, trash can. Need to get to bed so I'll check in later this week. Punk

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Hey everyone...thought I'd better check in this morning before things get too crazy. I've been up since 3:30am. Me and sleep have parted company lately. I just got DD off to camp, now have today and tomorrow to get myself and all the things I'm bringing up ready for early Wed morning. I probably won't be back to check in here until the 8th. Luvs enjoy your trip!

I have been feeling so sick for our friends. I have a 5 yr old and just can't imagine. They had had a pool party and their little 4yr old was cold so he decided to go lay down on the driveway to warm up. His aunt backed over him. Still haven't heard funeral plans. It's heartbreaking. Punk, I'm sorry for your loss, I'm sure it never totally heals.

Wow, you really know your nails. ha I'll just leave it up to you to purdy me up! ha Yours sound fun. Any advice on flimsy nails? My natural nails have never been strong and are paper thin. I'm talking see thru. I only keep clear polish on them usually. But my piggies get honeymoon red! ha

We being from the south call all carbonated beverages...Coke. You want a Coke? What kind...we got sprite, pepsi, rootbeer. ha Don't ask me why, it's just the way we roll. ha

I was at the TS last week and picked up 3 new books for a quarter each. Fall Holidaze and Eazy Fall Holidaze by Gaye Shoell and Easter Parade by combined artists including Gaye Shoell. I don't think I'll ever not like Gaye Shoell, her characters are so cute with their big sparkly eyes.

Well, ladies I've got more shopping to do, treats to make, stuff to pack and things to take care of around here before I go. Gotta make out my honey-do list for DH while I'm gone. Ya'll have a good week and I'll see ya Saturday if I'm not too worn out. ~Anj

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Anj, I hope you are going to bed early and catching up on some of the sleep your missing. Our bodies tell on us when we don't take care of them.

Reading your story on the little boy makes me wanna cry my eyes out. We have to believe theres a reason for all that takes place. Hug them from me just between us if you get the chance. Sigh

Coke is my favorite. (Coca cola that is) So what do you say if you really want a coke to drink and not a rootbeer, sprite, etc>

You find the best deals on books. Woohoo, so happy for you and can't wait till you have time to paint.

Hope you have a ball on your trip. I will be keeping GD over night tomorrow and then I will take her to swim lessons on Wed. so I'm excited about the fun ahead for us.

Hope everyone is staying cool enough. We are in the 90s and thats not good. I like 70-80's. haha We have had enough rain that things aren't burned up at least. Best head out and get something done. Punk

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hello Again...

Anj...Slow down Girl! If you burn the candle at both ends all you end up with is ashes. So very sad about the little tyke. I just lost a life time friend. He was 85 and it still doesn't seem fair, four years old is so much harder to accept. So Sad!

"pop" or "soda?" Soda was unheard of here until the last 10 years or so. My SIL, who is from New Jersey uses "soda" we always use "pop" Maybe its a coastal thing. DH is diabetic so we rarely drink any pop - one exception is Root Beer in Vanilla Ice Cream. Reminds me of the old "soda" fountains in drug stores. That was a soda fountain because they added bottled soda to flavored syrup to make a soft drink. And I can remember when Coke meant only one thing, Coke Cola, not something that goes up your nose.

Luv.....what a marvelous opportunity! Painting things just for sale in your friends shop. Great time to try out some of those things that you wouldn't paint for yourself but really want to try. But not fun if it puts pressure on you to paint when you really don't want to....Ah! Well! You will do what is best for you.

The weather here is back to normal and I love it! My flowers really "burned" but hope they will come back. The dogs and cats are actually going crazy. The cat even played in the sprinkler, funny to watch.

I haven't found my base coat color yet, but DH cut out a couple of other project I wanted to so, all I need to do now is find an online source for my paint and then order everything I need. I posted my latest piece - not really my style but it works for what I wanted.

Talking about nails, mine have always split and cracked...until I started taking Calcium and now they grow well and are hard and don't split.

Gotta go do the laundry and silly ol' housework. Anj..take care at camp!

Belle

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Our heat wave is over! It has cooled down and it is wonderful! Went shopping yesterday and there was so many people out and about, every store was a madhouse. Am going to try and spend most of the day outside catching up on my yard work.

Picked up some paint for my bedroom and living room. Our bedroom is a very light (pale) lavender. Depending on the lighting it appears cream color to beige to lavender. I want a focal point so I am going to paint the wall behind the headboard of the bed a slightly darker color. I wanted to go even darker but DH like the middle hue better. With all of our darker furniture the light colors really look good. Still haven't found a bedspread that I really like, I am using a chenille spread that was my DGM's. Still has the laundry tag from when she lived in Seattle, she moved near us in 1963. My does that age me or what?

Anj....nice deal on the books, Fall Holidaze was one of the first book I bought when I started painting. Love her ghosts and candy corn. How was camp?

Punk...we didn't subdivide but one of our very close friends sold their dairy, over a thousand acre's and the new owner sold the land in 5 acre plots. Most of the land holders in our area are our age or older and most have sold or given land to family members or sold the land as a source of income. And most were like my DH Mom and Dad, they had a quarter section or more, so it all adds up. DH parents gave each of their 5 children 25 acre's and we are the only one who kept the land. We also have the "homestead" of 3 acre's, the two properties are divided by "Rails to Trails," a foot path the runs from Chehalis to Raymond, about a 60 mile path.

Luvs....did you stay inside and cool? How was your visit with your friends? We haven't been to Vegas but I would like to see all of the "attractions."

Well, my wall won't get painted if I don't start, so gonna go start the taping....yuck and then to the weeding, another yuck!

Ya' All Have a Good Day!

Belle

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Hi Everyone, just got home this afternoon. Weather here at home is 88 and so very welcome after the 107's and 109's in Las Vegas! We knew it would be really hot, but our friends from Missouri had planned the trip for their anniversary and we agreed to come run around with them. Had lots of fun, went to a dinner/show at Excalibur, took the Hoover/Boulder dam tour, watched the ship sink at Treasure Island, the musical water show at the Mirage, the overhead light show downtown which was of the music group Queen, and we got to see/hear Tom Jones live. Ate waaay too much good food too--those buffets are killer for the waistline.

Sounds like each of you have been busy, busy, busy! Glad you are all enjoying yourselves and these summer days. Belle, wish you could come help me paint a couple of rooms--I just keep procrastinating. Punk, I'm so glad you get to spend lots of time with your GD. These years are priceless. When I get acrylics put on, they use this tool that roughens the nails. It seems to remove the top layer, so when I removed the acrylics, my nails are thinner and weaker. I've been putting a nail strengthener on them and just keeping them really short while the nail goes out past the weak point. I've never had really strong nails anyway, so think I will just try to get them all grown out to a nice length and keep them natural from now on. Anj, hope you have fun at the camp. You are so much fun, I'm sure your daughter and the other campers will love having you there.

Well, I have laundry to get done and a million other things. I'll try to get back here tomorrow. Take care everyone.

Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Good Evening,
    Luvs, sounds like you did alot while celebrating with your friends in Vegas. I loved Tom Jones song "She's A Lady" when I was in school. I hope to make it to Vegas at Christmas time some year so I can see the lights. My parents always said it reminded them of me with all my decorations and thought I should go see them.

Work has been sooooo busy and I'm so far behind. I keep going in earlier and staying later and just can't seem to stay on top of everything. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining just a little tired. One of my customers brought me in another gallon of fresh raspberries and I forgot to grab them tonight. I think I might try to get some jam made. He's 87 and a kick in the pants. He is still out building fence on his ranch and has 12 children.

Belle, Nice that you've kept your land in the family. I think some see $ signs and can't get beyond that. I don't know what I would do with the money if we sold so might as well keep it. Nice to be so satisfied and not rich.

Have you started another painting project? I have so many things I'd like to paint and just don't seem to have enough time. It's so wonderful to see new projects here.

Anj, let us know how camp was. My GD always says camp champ when we are playing catch or some sort of sports. She comes up with sayings from TV that I've never heard and seems as though that's where she gets them every time I ask. She doesn't watch much but when she does I don't think she misses a thing.

I started on my desk tonight so maybe someday I can post a picture of a project again. It is going to take alot of time to prep so I'll try to get back on it Sunday evening. We are going to go to the city and spend the weekend so I can do some shopping. I need to find new flooring but don't know how I'll find the time to move everything to have it laid. Maybe I'll work on that.

Our corn is almost ready and we have been eating fresh bean and cukes so thats been a nice treat. I planted a couple new kinds of corn. Didn't end up with much for strawberries so I'm going to try to save what I can this fall.

Best get to bed. DS birthday is tomorrow and he'll be 32. I ask if he wanted to do something fun and said he would be working up north so won't be home till late. He just opened another business so he's been working more than one day a week and I'm sure that's cutting into the fun. haha

Take care all and Luvs remember you can take more than one day to catch up on everything that needs attention. Punk

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Morning ladies....
    Been up since 4:45am. I'm not trying to lose out on sleep, just seems to be illusive lately. Watching the sun come up thru the rain. Supposed to be scattered showers today and it's getting an early start.

I had an awesome time at camp with the girls. It was up in the mountains at a beautiful spot with a lake. There were about 200 girls there plus counselors. Our group had 11 girls. We laughed until I hurt. We were all acting so silly. Fun to let go and be a kid again sometimes. I probably do it more than is proper for my age. ha

Sounds like you are all keeping busy. My house looks like wild animals took up residence while I was gone so I'll have to spend today cleaning it up. I've got a lot of appts coming up this week for school registrations and dr's appts for well checks/immunizations for the kids. School will be starting on the 24th so don't know if I'll get anything painted before then. I'm just taking it one day at a time.
    Punk~ I'm jealous....I so need new flooring.
    Luvs~Glad you had a good trip. I have wanted to go to Vegas every year for our anniversary, but it never works out. Maybe next year with my cousins. ha Did ya'll walk a lot? I LOVE Tom Jones!! So lucky to get to see him in person!
    Belle~ You have lots of projects to work on. I have got to get my walls painted before winter hits again.
    Well, I just heard DH's alarm going off so I better go see if he needs something ironed for work. Ya'll have a good weekend. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Good morning! Not up "quite as early" as Anj! LOL

So glad to hear that all of you are busy and enjoying the summer. It will be gone all too soon, so best to enjoy it while we can. Anj, I envy your rains, we could sure use more here. I sure can't complain about our weather right now, we're just in the mid 80's and it is wonderful! Especially after returning from the heat in Vegas. LOL

Punk, your fresh picked veggies sound so yummy. That sweet corn is going to be sooo good! I really miss having my own tomatoes. Guess I should just make room in the flowerbeds and plant a few there where the sprinklers will keep them watered even if we are off on a trip. I used to grow a few in pots, but don't want to have to have the neighbors water them for me.

Anj, I'm so glad you had a great time at camp. It's good for your kids to see you have fun too. And let's face it, there's nothing like laughter to make us feel better.

Belle, I was so tickled to see your tray. It sure turned out nice, and the little lady liberty made me smile too. I'm so glad your heat wave has passed for now. Get out there and enjoy your nice weather while you can.

My DS and family just returned from staying at a "luxury tent camping" trip up by Santa Barbara. They sent pictures of the tent, had a bed, nightstands, and even an arm chair! The pictures look like they had a great time, I'll get to hear more about it tomorrow. I'm sure the little GD will be all excited to share her adventures!

My neighbor said her cousin got her store opened on Wednesday. I hope she will do well with it, I think it is in her blood--she loves scouting out treasures and finding new homes for them. I'm not going to push myself to paint things I want to sell. I may do some multiples of things, and then she can look at them and see if she'd like any for the store. If not, I can always use them for gifts. I sure won't be taking special orders--too much pressure. I can't even seem to make myself decide on a project I want to do--and get it done! LOL

Hope you all have a great weekend. Take care.

Luvs