SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
calirose_gw

I remember why

calirose
15 years ago

I quit posting some time ago, even tho I would occasionally pop in to lurk.

Another poster (cooking?) remarked that a photo had been used by ivillage without her permission. I remember now that when ivilliage took over that was one of the provisions of this site. Anything posted including pictures is up for grabs by ivilliage....read below #7 of Terms of Service.

"By submitting content, which shall include your member name, to any "public area" of the GardenWeb Network, including, but not limited to, the forums and your personal website, exchange page and journal, you grant iVillage a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right (including any moral rights) and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, sublicense, assign, derive revenue or other remuneration from, communicate to the public, perform and display the content (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, for the full term of any Rights that may exist in such content. If you are not the creator of such content, you also warrant that the holder of any Rights, including moral rights in such content, has completely and effectively waived all such rights and validly and irrevocably granted to you the right to grant the license stated above. You also permit any visitor or member to access, display, view, store and reproduce such content solely for personal, noncommercial use. "

Comments (6)