SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
txmarti

On to the courtyard planning

TxMarti
11 years ago

I'm posting here first, but I'd like to post to either remodeling or house building to get some designer type input too. I'd really like Summerfield to look at it. So if you know what forum would be best, let me know. It's not really house building, but it seems that is where Summerfield hangs out (kind of like I hang here).

So, ok. Dh wants to know exactly what we are doing with the courtyard while there is time to put support on the side of the new dining room if needed.

When we first had the idea, years ago it seems, we thought we would build a low brick wall with lattice above, about eight feet tall, and a gate. Or brick columns with a trellis type material between. Either way, with arbor type beams from the house over to this wall.

BUT, now that we have the dining room framed, I can't see how an arbor would look right.

When looking at it again, I'm changing from wanting any brick at all, and thinking redwood posts and lattice would look better, tie into the back deck better, etc.

So here is where we are right now. 3 pix, one of the patio (with piles of brick and rubble), one of the space between house & garage where we will put a fence & gate, and the deck with arbor. What do you think would look good to make the patio into a private courtyard? Following are some of my inspiration pictures, but I DO NOT want a view of my driveway so those with big openings would have to be tweaked.

{{gwi:45688}}

{{gwi:45687}}

Sorry, I thought I had a recent photo of the deck and I'm too lazy to get out of this chair and go take one right now.

On inspiration pictures, have you ever noticed they never show a photo from far back so you can see what the element looks like with surroundings features?

This was my original inspiration photo with the beams overhead. I could just see little led lights along each one and a ceiling fan.

{{gwi:2069774}}

This is my favorite inspiration photo, but I think natural redwood would look better. Maybe.

{{gwi:2069775}}

{{gwi:2069776}}

{{gwi:2069777}}

{{gwi:2069778}}

Although I do love this.

{{gwi:2069779}}

Included this just because I like the shutters

{{gwi:2069780}}

And I love this gate for the little fence between house and garage.

{{gwi:2069781}}

Comments (40)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor