SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lceh_gw

Can a '60s wagon wheel light fixture be recycled/redeemed?

lceh
13 years ago

We've just purchased a house with 2 of those '60s wagon wheel lights in the family room. It had gross dark paneling (that '60s faux stuff) and dark brown shag carpet. We ripped up the carpet, had the paneling painted a very pale yellow with white trim, and the room will become a playroom. I'm desperate to replace those wagon wheels, but I can't find anything I like to put in there. Somehow all those flush-mounts I find really uninteresting, and I can't afford schoolhouse fixtures, which is what I really like. I found myself wondering if I could clean up those wagon wheels, paint them white, take off the globes and maybe use round clear bulbs or regular bulbs with pretty shades or something, or turn the fixture upside down so the lights hang down -- or even hang some birds or something from them to look like chandeliers. Does anyone have any ideas on how to recycle one of these things so it bears no resemblance to a '60s wagon wheel? Have you ever seen anything like this on a blog or in a magazine?

Comments (24)