SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sheesharee

Dish Drainer - Color? Black, red, keep the white?

Sheeisback_GW
14 years ago

We currently have a white Rubbermaid dish drainer w/ tray. I know they're not popular but they're functional for us. We do have a dishwasher and most everything goes in there except the pots and pans. I'm not normally up for drying. I don't leave stuff sit in there for days though. Once it's air dry it gets put away. The dishwasher is ran maybe twice a week since there's just two of us.

Anyhow, I have a white one and I'm not loving the color. I was thinking black would look better but am I crazy for wanting a black one? We have a water softener so I wouldn't think there would be weird water marks always showing. I have considered red. Thought one or the other would look better with the surrounding stuff. I'm not wild about the stainless steel or chrome looking ones.

Think one would be better than the other whether function or looks? May seem like a silly question but it's important to me. :)

I found some more attractive looking iron scroll ones but they're way too small for pots and pans. It needs to be large.

This isn't the best picture but it's the only one I could find right now. Excuse the messy counters. Normally there's just the black coffee pot to the right of the refrigerator and the black knife set to the left. The decorative stuff in the corner and the candles sticks on the right.

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Drainer and colors

Comments (42)