SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gayle0000

Anyone Planning Small House Projects for 09?

gayle0000
15 years ago

I always have little projects going on...mostly outside. I just bought this place in April 2008 so I'm now settled in and re-thinking some things.

My first real indoor project involves taking out and re-installing the wood shelves in my little bathroom storage nook.

At the moment, the shelves are constructed well and are not a necessity to change (no storage problems/issues), but if you look at the pics you will see the shelves could be better placed with more shelves added to take advantage of unused space. It also bugs me that the existing shelves are just randomly in there and not measured evenly with each other.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

I'm just going to remove and replace with the same type wood installation method already being used. Wood all the way...no metal brackets or cheesy wire shelves. I want to keep true to the rest of the house and do it right.

I originally thought about just putting some kind of curtain treatment over the shelves, but it being right next to the shower curtain...and it being a small bathroom...there would be way too much fabric hanging around. Plus, the inside of the nook is all painted white & not an eyesore, so no need to hide the space.

I like the use of the dark brown baskets and plan to continue the basket thing once the new shelves are in.

Anyone else want to talk about their projects? I'd love to hear about them!

Gayle

Comments (27)