SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
boxiebabe

Please help me select (another!) dishwasher

boxiebabe
15 years ago

Much to my dismay, we have to choose another dishwasher. We went with a GE Profile dishwasher, a top of the line one. It is the worst dishwasher that I have ever had. The rack system is a joke; you put plates in the lower rack and when you go to push the rack back in, the plates tumble into a big heap. The main thing is that the dishes do NOT come clean!

On to the good side of things, Home Depot is going to replace our dishwasher. They told us to come in & pick out what we want, and they'll take it from there. We paid $1300 for the original one, they price matched what I found on the internet. I am sure that what they'll do is give us $1300 credit toward a new one.

Now we have to pick the new one, and I would certainly appreciate any feedback from those that LOVE their dishwasher - and HATE their dishwasher, so that we'd know what to take a look at, and what to avoid.

We like a regular style dishwasher, not drawer style.

Our appliances are black.

Other than that, we're open to consider just about anything.

I think I'd like to keep the budget $2000 and under. I don't mind paying a little more than our original if we're going to be very happy with the new one - and have it be as trouble free as possible.

PS. On another note, they've offered to replace our GE Profile ceramic cooktop as well (we HATE it!). That's another bridge I'll cross after I get the dishwasher done.

So... please advise away GW'ers!

Thanks in advance for your help.

---Boxie

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations