SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lizg_inmd

Question about stainless countertop/sink quote

lizg_inmd
14 years ago

I am wondering whether the quote I got for a stainless steel countertop with integrated sink is good, and also whether the proposed finish and construction are good. I have been trying to educate myself and I asked for a good gauge (14 gauge), but the rest I'm not so sure of.

SO the quote I got was for approx. 66" long by 24" wide surface, with a 28"x 20" by 10" deep integrated sink, 14 gauge stainless steel, with a brushed #4 finish (is that good?), laminated over an MDF substrate. The total is about $1900. This sounds like a lot, BUT I looked at some of the Elkay all-in-one sink/drainboard configurations with 18-gauge ss about the same size, and they were running about $1400-$1500. The price would include delivery but not installation (I have already worked that into the deal with my GC). Can someone also explain to me what laminated means in this context? Does that basically mean that the SS is glued onto the substrate? I really want this SS area near the sink, but want to make sure I'm getting good quality and not getting ridiculously overcharged.

THANKS for any input!!

Liz

Comments (6)