SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nostalgicfarm

Help me wrap my head around grey walls!

nostalgicfarm
9 years ago

For those of you who were so sweet to comment of my fireplace dilemma, and reccomend grey walls....help me wrap my head around it! I was planning on brownish tan walls. I do love greyed down colors, and had BM Hampshire Grey (really a greyed down green) in my previous kitchen and dining and Loved it!
But I am having a hard time picturing my traditional/rustic style/brown leather sofa/love of bronze fixtures with a true grey! It seems that the photos of living rooms with grey walls are much more contemporary styled...not me. Even when I go to Houzz, and filter for grey walls and traditional style, they seem much more contemporary. I also bought a "Provence blue distressed dresser that I was hoping to use under the TV, and have a yellow/tarnish/distressed/with brown wood top cabinet I've used in my dining area. Even my master bedroom furniture has a red tint to the brown with bronze hardware...I would love to do Pittsburgh Paints Knights Armor in my MB, (or somewhere between that and the PP Dover Gray)...but I can't see it working with my furniture...everything with grey always seems to be black or white, but I would totally do this bold color in my MB and lots of whites on the bedding....I just can't see it working with my furniture.

I don't like lighter shades of paint...I love medium shades or darker medium shades. I'm not afraid of color, but am not able to picture the living/dining room/kitchen! Fwiw, the kitchen is 1970 cabinets, that I will probably paint awwhite until we redo the whole kitchen in a year....although I would lawn towards a cream with some distressing.
I do like colors that are almost hard to define...I like BM aura, BM, Pittsburgh Paints, and Lambert and Pratt. I like Behr in the store, but have never actually gone with a Behr color...
I'm loading a photo of our current fireplace..still work to be done on it....

Comments (21)