SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
staceyneil

Driving to Massachusetts to look at granite: where should I go?

Stacey Collins
15 years ago

Hi all- can you New Englanders give me some advice?

I will be driving down to Massachusetss (from Maine) on Monday to look at granite. I have never done this before so I really don't know what to expect, how long to plan to spend at each place, and how many places to go to.

I would like to do it all in one trip though, as it's a bit of a drive!

My situation: I have not yet hired a fabricator/installer because I haven't sufficiently narrowed my color choices enough to make everyone give me quotes so I can decide! But my cabinet salesperson recommended I look at:

Boston Granite Exchange in Haverill

Marble & Granite in Westwood

Leamar in Marlborough

I'm also going to Gerrity to see the Ocean Green they are holding for me.

Is this too many places? if so which ones are the best? How long should I expect to spend at each place (I should make appointments so I need to figure that out in advance...)

I will take one of my cabinet doors with me and a camera. Anything else?

I feel like such a dummy but I haven't even decided whether I want light or dark granite!! All I know is I want something honed, soft and natural feeling (not shiny and hard and formal). I am hoping that I will just "know it when I see it" but I am worried that the granite people are going to be very annoyed that I haven't narrowed it down much!!

If I find "the one" what should I do? have them hold it in my name pending choosing my installer?

Advice?

Comments (18)