SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
latimore_gw

Freestanding, 'pro-style' induction range?

latimore
13 years ago

I've just started considering induction over gas (propane) because of the safety factor (little kids), inconvenience/ expense of adding a gas line to our all-electric house (no natural gas here), and the big ugly white propane tank(s) we would have to have outside.

I have my heart set on a "pro-style" range. (My gas choice was the GE Cafe.) To me this means it doesn't have the controls at the back with the high back.

I can't do a cooktop/oven combo because this is going into an existing space. I can't afford a $6000 Viking.

I still don't get the difference between slide-in and freestanding, except that I understand that freestanding has finished sides. Can I put a slide-in into an existing space? There are cabinets on both sides.

Any ideas for an affordable (under $3500 or so) option that would have the look I want and the induction and is a decent product?

My other thought was - my old electric range still works fine, and I can live with it for a while. Would it be smarter to wait a year or two and see if any better options come on the market (at better prices)?

Here's an in-progress picture of where it will go. The countertops will be butcherblock (next week!).

{{!gwi}}

Thanks for your help!

Comments (15)