SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peteley

Kitchen/pantry layout for new construction⦠feedback wanted!!

peteley
10 years ago

We are reviewing our floor plans for our new home construction and IâÂÂm looking for your opinion on my kitchen/pantry layout. Whenever weâÂÂve rented or bought a house, the kitchen is always what sells me or not. So now that weâÂÂre building our forever house, I donâÂÂt want to have any regrets. WeâÂÂll have about a 1200sqft main floor with a walkout basement . My idea with the kitchen and pantry layout is that IâÂÂd have a pass-through window so there wouldnâÂÂt need to be so many trips back and forth around the corner. I couldnâÂÂt come up with a better layout for this area and IâÂÂm hoping maybe someone else can.
I want the kitchen open to the dining area, but plan to have some sort of separation (half wall/shelves) between the living room and kitchen/dining. I love the country kitchens and I think the separation gives a more cozy feeling then a big open room. We cook our meals from scratch most every day, utilizing items that we bring in from the garden.
I have 2 daughters (6 and 9yrs) who already love to cook and want to be in the kitchen all the time, so IâÂÂd prefer 4â between island and cabinets but am wondering if I can deal with 3âÂÂ6âÂÂ. My husband likes to hang out at the island : )
Other kitchen info: My must have is a large window over the sink. The island will be 1 level with a prep sink. It needs to seat 2, 3 is preferred, anything more would earn a wow!
Thanks for any input/advice.

Comments (5)