SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aokat15_gw

Thoughts on a design layout similar to these inspiration kitchens

aokat15
13 years ago

After weeks of tweaking and changing our layout, I'm coming down to the wire and need to solidify our design and hopefully order our cabinets. I saw these three inspiration kitchens that I love and have a very similar space and want our layout to be very similar (we will have a u-shape kitchen with an island, and need to have windows on either side of the range as well as over the sink). My questions are:

1) What size should the upper cabinets be that end in the corner? If I had a 36 inch upper on both side walls, is that big enough to make those cabinets still usable? I've never opened a cabinet like that so I don't want it to be awkward and impractical.

2) It looks like all three of these kitchens have similar base cabinet configurations on the range wall - a 24 inch or so drawer base next to the range, slightly bumped out, and then two 30+ inch cabinets next to that that appear to be pull outs? Perhaps the one in the corner is a magic corner/super susan? What do you think those are?

Also, any thoughts in general about these inspiration layouts from a functionality standpoint would be great. I'll also try upload and post our current sketched layout for comments. Thanks!

First two are the same kitchen, different angles

Comments (12)