SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anne_gw

40th anniversary scrap - - in panic mode

Anne
23 years ago

Well, with two weeks til my parents anniversary, I finally have SOME of their 40+ years of photos. Here's my plan - please feel free to comment and give some suggestions!!!

There's no way this can contain all of the photos (that would take another 40 years!) So I think I'll aim for 20 pages. I'm thinking of devoting a 2 page spread to each of the following: one for dad and his parents, etc; one similar for mom; one for me; one for sis; one for pets over the years; one for vacations; one for holidays; one for friends; one of mom and dad together; etc. I also thought about one for all of the "stages" of our house: the new family room, the old avocado appliances, and shag carpeting;etc. Maybe also a page of "eating" with a list of our family's favorite recipes over the years. I thought this might be a better way of organizing, since I can't put all of the pics in chronological order. Any ideas out there? Have you had successes with similar albums? Thanks so much!! I've got my work cut out for me...Hope our weekend guests don't mind me scrapping throughout their visit!!!HA

Comments (2)

• Penny
    23 years ago

Sounds like a great ideas to me. You could always take the pages later and add them to another album when you have had more time to organize and scrap the rest of the photos. I would also include a page of their friends photos throughout the years, and one of thier new cars if you have shots of them. It would be kinda neat to see how the cars have changed during their time together. Penny

• born2scrap
    23 years ago

You definitely are on the right track. I recently did an album for my aunt and uncle's 50th.

What I did was similar to your thought. I had a two pages of my uncle growing up, 2 pages of my aunt growing up, the engagement, the wedding, the reception, 2 pages of their only son, then various pages offamily and friends (many that had already passed on). I included a few pages of their 25th anniversary party and random shots of the year since then. I left off with a decorated page of the invitation/menu and guest list my cousin had put together. I then took extra pages to the party and had the guests write something on the pages to be added to the book.

I put additional blank pages in the book with a note that these were for the 50th party pictures and for year to come.

My aunt told me, with tears in her eyes, it was the best present she has every received because it was the memories of her life and the times they had shared together.

I will treasure that always.

Hope it is helpful.

Sponsored